Kim Possible Game

PecosBill

Original Poster
Anyone know if that Kim Possible "Kimmunicator" game is still being planned as a permanent addition to World Showcase? (Or as a similar concept with a different franchise/theme?)

jedimaster1227

Anyone know if that Kim Possible "Kimmunicator" game is still being planned as a permanent addition to World Showcase? (Or as a similar concept with a different franchise/theme?)

An interactive concept for the World Showcase is a definite go. The question is when. It will almost definitely be of the Kim Possible theme (considering most of the show scenes made for the test were made specifically to Kim Possible's spy/tech theme). Work has been done, both visible and not on the return of the system. The Kings' Court scene has already been reinstalled in the UK pavilion (and is running in its B Mode until the activity is rebooted). Other locations around the World Showcase have been getting or will get some sort of location-based retrofit to allow for a new scene(s) to be installed for the game when it returns.

So yes, its still happening! :wave:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Probably in the next few months, as they've put in permits for the device distribution points in Innoventions East and West (I think it's where Tom Morrow used to be in East and where the Disney visa meet/greet was in West).

MythBuster

An interactive concept for the World Showcase is a definite go. The question is when. It will almost definitely be of the Kim Possible theme (considering most of the show scenes made for the test were made specifically to Kim Possible's spy/tech theme). Work has been done, both visible and not on the return of the system. The Kings' Court scene has already been reinstalled in the UK pavilion (and is running in its B Mode until the activity is rebooted). Other locations around the World Showcase have been getting or will get some sort of location-based retrofit to allow for a new scene(s) to be installed for the game when it returns.

So yes, its still happening! :wave:

I'm not sure what you heard before or not. Or if the King's Court scene was part of the original test? but it won't be part of the new Kim Possible game. But KP is still a go on the installation side. About 40 new items have been installed in World Showcase already.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Wow. Someone want to tell me what the heck is going on?

Either way, it sounds like a good way to get the younger crowd to finally enjoy WS. That's always been a bit of a snore for kids, I think.

jedimaster1227

Probably in the next few months, as they've put in permits for the device distribution points in Innoventions East and West (I think it's where Tom Morrow used to be in East and where the Disney visa meet/greet was in West).

The Disney Visa meet/greet is still in place. I went into it with my cousin on Saturday and everything.

I'm not sure what you heard before or not. Or if the King's Court scene was part of the original test? but it won't be part of the new Kim Possible game. But KP is still a go on the installation side. About 40 new items have been installed in World Showcase already.

The King's Court was a part of the original test, and was installed specifically for the game. It currently operates on a "B Mode" though its primary purpose is to interact with the Kimmunicators at that stage of the game. From what I have been told, it was brought back because it will be a part of the game.

Wow. Someone want to tell me what the heck is going on?

Either way, it sounds like a good way to get the younger crowd to finally enjoy WS. That's always been a bit of a snore for kids, I think.

The Team Possible Challenge was a test that happened late last year using Motorola (Nextel-model) "Kimmunicator" phones in an interactive World Showcase-based game themed to Kim Possible. Your phone interacted with various scenes throughout the France and UK pavilions as well as a large set-based finale in the former Imageworks upstairs at the Imagination pavilion. The test was done to see if guests would be willing to pay for an interact experience, and to tweak the system. The whole test is viewed as a success, and its first implementation will be found at Epcot in the World Showcase, to start again soon.

Past that, the technology is flexible enough to be used in other parks in the Disney chain.

I was wondering what had happened to the KP game after the trials.

Out of curiosity while on the discussion of new disney tech. Do you suppose this project might be linked to that DS project from a few months back. It would be interesting to see if the projects merge somehow.

jedimaster1227

Wow, awesome videos!!! Thanks for sharing! I wish I had known about this last time I was there, I would have loved to go upstairs in the old Imageworks!!!! The game seems interesting nonetheless, I'll definitely have to check that out next time I go considering it'll be finished by then.

Here is a set of videos I took of the majority of the challenge last year during the test:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6zHbxbSDEg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FAAadgoR_4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22SqWgieZqI

Hope that helps! :wave:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Wow, awesome videos!!! Thanks for sharing! I wish I had known about this last time I was there, I would have loved to go upstairs in the old Imageworks!!!! The game seems interesting nonetheless, I'll definitely have to check that out next time I go considering it'll be finished by then.

You know, the finale of the adventure was pretty involved set-wise. Where do you suppose it will end up? I mean it'd be a bit silly to have a less climatic ending of the real game as opposed to the tests...

I would say it wont be imagination, but i cant be sure - anyone know?

jedimaster1227

You know, the finale of the adventure was pretty involved set-wise. Where do you suppose it will end up? I mean it'd be a bit silly to have a less climatic ending of the real game as opposed to the tests...

The new finale won't be in Imageworks. That space is currently being prepped for more construction work for the pavilion's 2008/2009 project.

The ending will most likely take place on location in the World Showcase, or if absolutely necessary, the Festival Center at the former Wonders of Life pavilion.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
The new finale won't be in Imageworks. That space is currently being prepped for more construction work for the pavilion's 2008/2009 project.

The ending will most likely take place on location in the World Showcase, or if absolutely necessary, the Festival Center at the former Wonders of Life pavilion.

Well, it starts in Innoventions East and West - maybe one of the areas there will host it?

Also, about the Disney Visa area, i know it's still operating but isn't it supposed to close and be redone?

mousermerf

Account Suspended

You know, something i've been meaning to comment on - as much as i think signs do point toward an Imagination refurb, i personally refuse to really get attached to the idea because if it doesn't happen i dont want to feel let down. I dont think i'm the only person who feels that way.

Right now i just see the whole building as very much as dead and gone as much as Horizons is. Hoping it comes back will just lead to heartache.

MythBuster

Actually, there will be 7 different finales. One for each country involved and you can only be on one adventure at a time.

Slowjack

Here is a set of videos I took of the majority of the challenge last year during the test:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6zHbxbSDEg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FAAadgoR_4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22SqWgieZqI

Hope that helps! :wave:
Great video..only watched part of it, saw enough to get the idea and didn't want to spoil anything for later. I'd read about this before but seeing parts of it makes it seem even cooler.

I think this will be great, although I wish it wasn't a tie-in. I'm not a Kim Possible fan, for one thing (nothing against the show, just not my cup of tea), but also I think they are missing an opportunity to brand it to Epcot. What I mean is, if a kid becomes a Kim Possible Agent for a few hours, he/she will go home and have a fond memory of Kim Possible, but if the kid could be an Epcot Explorer for a few hours, he/she has a fond memory of Epcot. By making it themed to Kim Possible, it's sort of like making it the one chicken dish every seafood restaurant has--he's something for you who would rather not be here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom