Kilimanjaro Safaris

yazmin182

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know when is a good time to go to the safari? Is there a bad time? If we go in the morning, are the animals asleep? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Yaz

KrazyKemp

If you ride first thing in the morning, all of the animals are wide awake and actively moving...

I would definitely recommend riding first thing in the morning, (since almost everyone else will be riding Expedition Everest anyway)

Upvote 0

landauh

yazmin182 said:
Thanks a lot.

But I want to ride Expedition Everest too! They will be my first 2 stops.

Yaz

When my DD and I went at the beginning of May, we got a FP for E:E, rode E:E in standby line (it was only 10 minutes to loading), then went on KS and back to E:E.

Upvote 0

brkgnews

The safari is definitely a good "morning" thing. The later it gets, the hotter it gets; and the hotter it gets, the more the animals want to sleep in the shade. In the pre-everest days, I used to go during early magic hours, get a fastpass for Kilimanjaro, ride it via standby line, then ride again immediately afterward using my fastpass. The animals are extremely active in the early morning.

Upvote 0

SarahBella82

Went on May 7. We rode first (10am) and last (445pm).

*Elephants more active in morning
*Giraffes out in the open in the afternoon
*Male lion active in afternoon
*Ostriches everywhere. All the time.

On other trips, we've only ridden in the morning, and we always saw tons of animals. Maybe because we arrived an hour after opening this time, there were fewer animals in the morning than I expected to see. Either way, you're sure to see Little Red. :)

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I also noticed that there were lots of animals out in the mid day, if it is a overcast rainy day too. We went two years ago and it was like that and it seemed like they were all out, including the aardvark on the way out of the park.

Upvote 0

ChuckElias

You sure got quick answers!! :)

I agree with the morning ride. We love to go early in the day if possible. I've never tried getting the last safari of the day. I will try it next visit. (No idea when that will be tho. :cry: )

We also try to get fastpasses for the safari, but you can't do that if you get FPs for E:E. I remember the first time I went to Animal Kingdom, and we rode the safari, there were no FPs yet. The line went literally halfway across the bridge back toward the Tree of Life. That was a long wait.

Upvote 0

phillipsa9

the best time to see animals on your two week safari is always in the rain... thats when they get their baths... morning is also good, not because the animals live in barns and are just coming out because there aren't any barns for wild animals... the end of the day is also great because the lions and hippos are just waking up for the night and getting to hear the lions roar is one of the best things that can happen on your safari IMHO... i really didnt say anything that anyone else didnt i just wanted to second all of those things i guess

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

Definately go in the morning - by noon all the animals are busy lounging on their air conditioned rocks staring the other way. Go to EE first thing - get a fastpass if the line is already more than 40 minutes. Go over to KS and ride that - the crowds head to EE first now - you should have no more than a 30 minute wait without a fastpass during the first hour of opening. Then go back to EE and ride at your fastpass time. If you have time in between, do the trail, or go ride Dinosaur (very short lines in the morning as the crowds bypass it to immediately go to EE)

Upvote 0

DisneyMarg

We happened up on an empty safari line right at the end of Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade. It was late in the day, but there were still animals to be seen. If you have time, I'd go both early and late as it's a different "attraction" every time.

Upvote 0

ruffie

safari

yazmin182 said:
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know when is a good time to go to the safari? Is there a bad time? If we go in the morning, are the animals asleep? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Yaz
the morning is great but after some rain seems to do it. On our trip last year(nov. 2005) we saw more animals than the rest of the years.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom