Kilimanjaro Safaris Question

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
well...it's a malfunction involving I think the infrared sensors on the bridge...I thought they would fix it by now...

James123

Account Suspended
Shake that bridge!

It was working full speed during the first week of December, 2001. However, the vultures were all over the place. They just sat there waiting for something to die so they could pick it apart. I don't have an experts insight on this behavior. Perhaps you should check with others on this topic.:lookaroun

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The bridge outage occured when they added additional animal guards at the front of each vehicle (low down infron of the wheels). This was done to provide additional protection to the animals, but meant that until modifications were made to the bridge, it had to be disabled.

zonguy

I also undertstand that if the driver does not approach the bridge slow enough, safety mechanisms keep it from shaking too.

tnkrbell

YES!! and its funny you ask because for a long time now probably two years when we go on it I say to my Hubby oh boy our daughter is gonna freak when it happens and it neve does! WellI wa there in Dec it worked and it scred me!!! :D

tnkrbell

It only scared me becasue I wasnt expecting it since it hadnt worked in soo long!! :D I would love to try the ride at Bush Gardens I havent been over there in about 9 years!!

NowInc

Originally posted by tnkrbell
It only scared me becasue I wasnt expecting it since it hadnt worked in soo long!! :D I would love to try the ride at Bush Gardens I havent been over there in about 9 years!!

Oh..you must...its like Kiliminjaro....but only WAY more extreame. They did a fantastic job on it and I reccomend it for ANYONE who is in the area to hop over just to ride it.

Luau Cove

Isn't it RHINO RALLY?
Anyway, I think Kilimanjaro needs something more to attract guests that don't enjoy that much animal sight-seeing, and believe there are many people that don't go again because of that.
-->LUAU

Bdis86

Account Suspended
Yes, It is Rhino Rally. But if you go, I am warning you, Busch Gardens has a horrible safety record at the parks. In the first month when Rhino Rally opened, a truck tipped over, spilling guests onto the savanah next to the Rhinos. It was said that if the Rhinos were mad, they would have killed someone. Only minor injuries were reported. Also Busch Gardens used to have a monorail, but it crashed 3 times, and they finally took it out. The Skyride there had a problem and guests had to be rescued by cherry pickers. Just be careful. lol.

NowInc

Originally posted by Bdis86
Yes, It is Rhino Rally. But if you go, I am warning you, Busch Gardens has a horrible safety record at the parks. In the first month when Rhino Rally opened, a truck tipped over, spilling guests onto the savanah next to the Rhinos. It was said that if the Rhinos were mad, they would have killed someone. Only minor injuries were reported. Also Busch Gardens used to have a monorail, but it crashed 3 times, and they finally took it out. The Skyride there had a problem and guests had to be rescued by cherry pickers. Just be careful. lol.

LoL...I rode Rhino Rally the day before it tipped over...so i can imagine how freaky it was..

They fixed the vehical tipping problem tho (too talll...tisk tisk), so I am pretty sure its much safer now...

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by Bdis86

Sound like a real safe park to me!! Fun for the whole family! :eek:

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
lol...this is why I stick with disney. Between cars tipping over and cast members not checking safety bars on Fearfall at IOA...I'm quite happy with not leaving disney property for a week and a half...32 days!

Luau Cove

I think that less safer than Busch Gardens is Wet N Wild. It's really annoying going to this water park. I went once 10 years (or so) when Disney didn't have so many places to visit, and we had already been to TL so we decided to go there , and it was really disgusting. Water is dirty, sliders are quick and "pointy" and you can visit the park in two hours. Plus, employees don't check if you finished the slide, they just send people after 2 seconds!
-->LUAU

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom