Kilamenjaro Safariis

sharky23

it's a glorified zoo. face it.

just returned from the world with 2 people that never went there-after 3 hours they were like "can we leave and go to MGM or something?" I agreed. They were straight-up BORED. They loved everyything else, especially EPCOT, and we bounced for 5 days to all 3 other parks-never returning to AK (why would we?)

Look, is it beautiful? yes. is it fun? yes. Does it have animals? yes. So does a ZOO!

disneydawg

Originally posted by sharky23

Look, is it beautiful? yes. is it fun? yes. Does it have animals? yes. So does a ZOO!

Except that zoos dont have attractions the quality of Dinosaur, ITTBB, Kali River Rapids, and hopefully Expedition Everest. The more I go to AK, the more I like it. Just my opinion though.

As far as KS is concerned a good CM does add to this attraction. But its not as dependent on it as the Jungle Cruise. If it werent for great CMs the Jungle Cruise would be pretty boring to me. With KS, I've been on with a CM who wasnt really into it, but when there's a giraffe 2 feet away you tend not to notice such things.

WDWspider

Originally posted by sharky23

Don't recall any zoos having character breakfast, Rock n' roll stunt shows, Rapid Rides, 3D special effect shows, Parades, or Animatronics.

Put it this way... is Busch Gardens Tampa a zoo because it has animals too? OK then.

Sure, AK may not fill a day for a lot of people, but it is a young park and many steps in the right direction are being taken to correct this problem.

Michael72688

Originally posted by djmatthews
I know all Disney rides and attractions have a story, however, I think this is a ride that doesn't need one. A wobbly bridge and a poacher it’s nothing fantastic. Maybe if there was a story to the ride it should be in a pre and post show. I don't think people were interested in the story as they were busy looking at the animals - I certainly was.

And like Jungle Cruise, the cast member makes the ride what it is. When we were on it, the CM was trying to give so much information she was rushing and we couldn't really take any of it in properly.

I agree, maybe Disney should look out of the box and take the whole story away, I never pay attention to it and just watch the animals

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
The last few times I've ridden the KS (two years running) the collapsing bridge effect has not been working. Is it down for good or was it just a coincidence that it didn't work during my visits?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by steve2wdw
The last few times I've ridden the KS (two years running) the collapsing bridge effect has not been working. Is it down for good or was it just a coincidence that it didn't work during my visits?

It was working last time i rode it. but that was the first time in a couple of visits.

s25843

Originally posted by steve2wdw

It is fixed now. What happened is that they put new guards onto the Trucks, and the sensors that were on the bridge were not working because of these guards. Its all fixed and working now

kennyj29

Sharky

First of all I guess for people who want to just go on thrill rides it would be boring. But for the rest of us it's an amazing park. Do me a favor, you go for 2-3 hours and we'll be there the rest of the day. At least without the people who can't see past the zoo thing, it will be less crowded.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom