Kids races?

fmingo36

Original Poster
Hi All RUNNERS!!!

I'll be running the Disney W&D 1/2 Marathon in October. My DD(who will be 6 at the time) wants to run in the KIDS races the day before.
Does anyone know if there are any characters at the Kids races?
I just ran the Princess 1/2 marathon and she loves looking at the race pictures. She keeps asking me what characters are going to be at her race. I would think maybe Mickey and Minnie make an appearance but there really isn't much info regarding the races yet.

JimboJones123

Hi All RUNNERS!!!

I'll be running the Disney W&D 1/2 Marathon in October. My DD(who will be 6 at the time) wants to run in the KIDS races the day before.
Does anyone know if there are any characters at the Kids races?
I just ran the Princess 1/2 marathon and she loves looking at the race pictures. She keeps asking me what characters are going to be at her race. I would think maybe Mickey and Minnie make an appearance but there really isn't much info regarding the races yet.

We were really depressed that in Jan 09 there was not. It was out at the WWOS track and was really hot and boring waiting. They could have done a much better job on entertainment, but the kiddos loved the races, so TOTALLY WORTH IT!

dsnypaul

We've done the Jan 08, 09, and 10 Kids races and although no characters are there and the DJ is REALLY LOUD, the kids have a blast. I really think this is the best value Disney offers. I think we paid $10 for the kids to run, get a "metal" and t-shirt and all weekend long my son was showing off his metal for the "marathon" he ran. Go for it! Even without characters, your kids will enjoy it.

fmingo36

Original Poster
Thanks for the info.
Oh well, I guess characters at the kids races would be a mob scene.
It still should be a lot of fun to watch her run.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom