Kids Menus

pinkrose

We just got back last night. 1/21 to 1/25 at disney

I posted some of the kids menus above that we came across while down there. We did have a hard time at one of the counter service places, but that was it.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. :(

luv2ash

Apparently, we chose the wrong restaurants, becuase the menus that Pinkrose listed look fair enough to me. But Coral reef had a few things to choose from, one was pizza, and they even got a scoop of ice cream there. COunter service seemed to be the same for my kids every day, with that nasty cup of jello. I dont remember seeing a hamburger on any of them. A chiken leg was one at Flatbreads Grill in MGM, and they even had PNButter and Jelly to choose from, but still the same sides! Those sides got old real fast!.

pinkrose

Apparently, we chose the wrong restaurants, becuase the menus that Pinkrose listed look fair enough to me. But Coral reef had a few things to choose from, one was pizza, and they even got a scoop of ice cream there. COunter service seemed to be the same for my kids every day, with that nasty cup of jello. I dont remember seeing a hamburger on any of them. A chiken leg was one at Flatbreads Grill in MGM, and they even had PNButter and Jelly to choose from, but still the same sides! Those sides got old real fast!.

I agree :wave:
They need to offer more choices for kids at the counter service places. They had good dessert choices at Cosmic Rays (chocolate cake is what they got), and there was another place that they got mickey shaped rice krispy treats dipped in chocolate (ears). Flatbread Grill is one of the places that we left because they wouldn't let the kids have anything but the jello. No fries either. Only carrot sticks, applesauce, or grapes.

arequipa

Kid Bored and Eating Off my Plate

We just got back from 10 days at Wilderness Lodge. Other than the 2 rainy cold days out only disappointment were kids menus. We had the dining plan and a 4 and 9 year old eating from kids menus. Most table service restaurants offered a little larger selection than did the counter service restaurants. The table service restaurants also tried to accomodate some of our special requests for our picky 4 year old who needs french fries at every meal. But then again some told us that the kids could only select from the menu items.

The counter service restaurant menus for children are terrible at best. Usually no more than 3 items to choose from and absolutely no exceptions. We had two restaurants refuse to give us fries with hot dogs (even though they served fries and the menu said that they could be substituted on kids meals) telling us that fries were not a healthy selection for children.

After the second day my two young ones were eating my meals and we were not ordering for them.

I understand this healthy options thing that is going on but lets face it if you as an adult purchased the dining plan and were only given the choice of 3 menu items for lunch each day with only carrots, grapes, or applesauce for sides and then a yummy sugar-free Jello for dessert how would you feel about dining at Disney after about the first meal. My 9 year old loves cheese burgers. Most of the counter service restaurants that served burgers did not offer a childs meal with a burger. Go figure.

Here is a secret that we discovered way too late into our trip. The counter service credits do not distinguish between adult and child. The only control was the person taking the order. We had 7 on the dining plan so if I ordered 7 adult meals and my plan had 5 adults and 2 children then they would not accept 2 meals under the plan on that order. But if I did 4 on one order and then went back for the next three I could order all adult meals. Some might call this cheating but when this was the only way to get my 9 year old a cheese burger and my 4 year old chicken strips (yes even with chicken strips on the adult menu it is not always on the kids menu) I did it.

The kids menus did not ruin our trip but the 2 forced to order from the kids menus complained at each meal that they could not have more variety. This is something Disney needs to change.

luv2ash

Arequipa, I couldnt agree more with you. You nailed it! We just got back, too, and I agree fully with what you said. HOw unfair for the kids, huh, and this is the impression they are to have with Disney. I hope they can fix this problem. And really, we never once saw a hamburger on the kids menu the whole time (granted, we did not visit every restaurant).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom