Kids Meals

WDW 3

Original Poster
The sides are listed as grapes, apple slices & carrots.
Are french fries also a "free" option? Or do you have to buy a side of fries?
I'm trying to help a friend traveling with kids plan and she is already freaked out about how much it's going to cost. Her boys.......... not the fruit & carrot stick types.:)

littleroo

In most cases that is just a starter for the kids if you are using the meal plan. If you don't have the plan, I do believe many things are a la carte.

Figgy1

Premium Member
been there, done that. they list the healthy options to encourage you to choose them for your kids, but fries are an equal substitution. usually the board doesn't even mention this, you need to ask.
My ds has substituted fries and it was never a problem! He didn't do it often as he is a fruit and veggie eater!!

NYwdwfan

Just a recommendation - let your friend know that at a Quick service location a meal is a meal - so a kids meal is one credit just as an adult meal is - SO they can order an adult meal if the kids are big eaters (and the chicken nuggets with the adult meal are always better anyway!)

Just a recommendation - let your friend know that at a Quick service location a meal is a meal - so a kids meal is one credit just as an adult meal is - SO they can order an adult meal if the kids are big eaters (and the chicken nuggets with the adult meal are always better anyway!)
So the qs restaurants don't have kid menus? My kids will enjoy it a whole lot better if they can get the real meals instead of kid meals.

NYwdwfan

So the qs restaurants don't have kid menus? My kids will enjoy it a whole lot better if they can get the real meals instead of kid meals.

No they have kids menus - but if you are on the dining plan the meal counts as 1 credit, same as an adult meal. They don't differentiate between adult or child meal, it's just "one meal credit". So you can get the kids chicken nugget meal which has about 5 small nuggets, a handful of fries and a small drink, OR, the adult meal which has 8 hunks of chicken, a big ole' pile of fries and a larger drink. Both come with dessert. If it's between a Smuckers uncrustable or a bacon cheeseburger and they "cost" the same, my kids are going with the bacon cheeseburger! :D

No they have kids menus - but if you are on the dining plan the meal counts as 1 credit, same as an adult meal. They don't differentiate between adult or child meal, it's just "one meal credit". So you can get the kids chicken nugget meal which has about 5 small nuggets, a handful of fries and a small drink, OR, the adult meal which has 8 hunks of chicken, a big ole' pile of fries and a larger drink. Both come with dessert. If it's between a Smuckers uncrustable or a bacon cheeseburger and they "cost" the same, my kids are going with the bacon cheeseburger! :D
Awsome...thanks for the info!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom