Kidcot Stop activities?

clee687

Original Poster
What type of things are done at the Kidcot Stops around World Showcase? My son will be turning 3 on this trip in December. Will he be able to participate? I really want to make Epcot more interesting for him and am hoping these will help. Thanks for any info!

tigsmom

Its easy craft stuff...making masks, fans and the like. They use markers and I've seen glue and plastic jewels out on the table too.

Your son will be able to participate as long as you are willing to help because you can't leave the kids alone. I've heard the CM's telling stories and asking kids about their favorite characters and stories about their home countries.
Participation varies on the age of the child. :wave:

coltow

It depends on your child. DS was 2 1/2 on last trip and he really couldn't do it. He colors with crayons, but give him a marker and it was like he didn't know what to do with it. At the first stop he didn't want to sit with the girl in Norway, he just wanted to run away. In Germany he colored only his fingers. After that we just stopped in so he would get the mask from that country, we didn't even take him out of the stroller.

shari71

We just got back yesterday from our trip. In the countries you get a mask on a paint stick. They then can decorate them with Sharpies (the sponsor of KidCot stops in the World Showcase). Each country attaches a symbol to the mask that dangles down. Also, each country puts a stamp on the paint stick. In some counties (China and Japan) they will write your child's name in their script. Also in China they put the stamp on it based upon the Chinese year your child is born. In Moracco, they attached a plastic piece to ours instead of the normal paper ones. If you get all the countries you get a 8x10 poster of Epcot with characters on it. My oldest loved this since Mulan was on it. Basically, at each stop you just get a new attachment, stamp and the kids get to color their maskes with Sharpies. In Futureworld, there are several, but we did not make it to all. These are landyard/necklace type stops. You still get attachments from each stop and can color the attachments. It just takes a lot of time to hit all of them. We started at 5:30 at Canada after supper there and did not finish until 8:20 in Mexico. But I had determine kids this time!

clee687

Original Poster
Thanks to all for the info! I am really excited because this sounds like something he can handle. We may not make it all the way to getting a poster but he will definitely enjoy Epcot more. My main concern was that the projects would involve scissors. The last Thomas the Tank events we went to had some craft tables set up with cutting activities and he is NOT ready to try those yet (or maybe it's ME who's not ready--too scary). Thanks again!

mickiecake

Online Kidcot Guide

I just found this the other day. It has lots of pics, locations of each stop, as well as descriptions of most activities. Very cool.

stitchkingdom.com

enjoy!

Gator

It really depends on if your kid wants to sit for more than 5 minutes to do a craft. It could be a good oppurtunity for one parent to go hit Mission:Space while the other watches the kids at Kidcot.

shoppingnut

My 3 yr old nephew we had to drag away from the table, he was having a great time coloring the mask and pieces. We didn't make all the stops, but after the second stop, he knew the drill to pick the color of the item to be added to your mask by the CM and then go over to the table to color. It was a good break for us all to go to the rest room, look in the shops or just enjoy the decorations and he wasn't bored, it gave him something to do. Also don't miss the trains by Germany, he loved seeing them.

thrupaytonseyes

We hit the all the stops with DS(4yo) each trip and have been doing so since he was 2. But we just stop to get the mask and the attachments and stamps in WS and the lanyard and attachments in FW and let him decorate it later in the hotel...works well for us. Or since we always have crayons on us he has colored on it while in the stroller.(Not recommended when there in the summer months:)).

This next trip we are taking is for his 5th birthday so we are going to buy one of those passport things they sell and ask each cm to write happy birthday to him in it in their language!

eagles

in april my 8 yr son had the passport, which we thought he enjoyed. i don't think he would have liked the mask.

this past dec, my 2 1/2 yr old granddaughter did the mask. we hit every country. she actually looked forward to each stop. she really enjoyed picking out which colored symbol she would get. we got the poster at the end.

i think either way you go, really helps to get thru the countries.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom