Kidani Village Map and Parking

DisneyBunny

Original Poster
We've booked a stay at Kidani for this coming January, and I was wondering if anyone had a picture of the map of the resort that they give you at checkin.

I'm curious as to what exactly they mean about "underground parking" that I've heard floating around. underground how so?

I reeeealy don't want to schlep all the way from the car to the farthesrt flung villas at the end of a long day. Anyone can tell me how far it is from the lots to the rooms?

Would it be better at good old Jambo house?

Thanks guys! :wave:

tjkraz

Here's a link to the map if you haven't found one elsewhere:

http://dvcnews.com/images/stories/akv/maps/Kidani_May2009.jpg

Much of the parking is actually on the first floor of the resort. In that section, guest rooms begin on the second floor. There is still some outside parking.

Reviews of that approach seem to be mixed. The 1st floor garage is not "themed" in any way whatsoever. Some people have complained about the industrial look, exposed pipes, etc. But it is just a garage so judge for yourself. :shrug:

As for your other questions, both Jambo and Kidani have rooms which are very far from parking/entrance. Kidani probably has a slight advantage in that regard as you may get a room that's just a quick elevator ride up from the parking garage. At Jambo, even the closest rooms will be a 2-3 minute walk from the self-park lot. But both will have rooms that are a bit distant from parking. Maybe request "close to lobby" and take advantage of the free valet parking during your stay.

SMRT-1Michael

We've booked a stay at Kidani for this coming January, and I was wondering if anyone had a picture of the map of the resort that they give you at checkin.

I'm curious as to what exactly they mean about "underground parking" that I've heard floating around. underground how so?

I reeeealy don't want to schlep all the way from the car to the farthesrt flung villas at the end of a long day. Anyone can tell me how far it is from the lots to the rooms?

Would it be better at good old Jambo house?

Thanks guys! :wave:

For me, good ol' Jambo House would definitely be my pick. The parking underground with exposed piping and duct work just doesnt impress me. I visited Kidani while up there in July and it doesnt go for me.

I wouldnt recommend it.

More reasons I wouldnt stay there is because the lobby area is so cramped, the pool area is basically in the parking lot, and from the porte cochere, you can see Kissmimee!

However, I will always stay at Jambo if/when I stay at AKV

DisneyBunny

Original Poster
Thanks guys! I guess this answers my question. We'll give it a try (mostly because we're already booked) but probably this won't be a regular place for us.

scorp111

I disagree with the OP, I really like Kidani. We have stayed there twice already, and really enjoy it. True, the under the building parking is not themed, but what parking lot at WDW is themed?

I think we were definitely parked closer to our room then I have ever been at Jambo House.

The lobby area is much smaller, but the resort is much lower volume as well.

The pool is actually nice, and the water play area is nice for the kids.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.:shrug:

The only thing I found lacking was counter service in the hotel, but then again we were only a 10 minute walk from Jambo House from our room, and I have been at least that far away before at OKW, Port Orleans, Coronado, Caribbean et. al

mrerk

Premium Member
For me, good ol' Jambo House would definitely be my pick. The parking underground with exposed piping and duct work just doesnt impress me. I visited Kidani while up there in July and it doesnt go for me.

I wouldnt recommend it.

More reasons I wouldnt stay there is because the lobby area is so cramped, the pool area is basically in the parking lot, and from the porte cochere, you can see Kissmimee!

However, I will always stay at Jambo if/when I stay at AKV

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I'll reserve judgement on Kidani until I see it for myself.

We stayed at the AKL (what they are now calling Jambo House) when it first opened and you could clearly see 192 from the resort. I don't know if has been rectified since then.

worldfanatic

I'll be seeing Kidani next week for the first time, so I'll reserve final judgement til then.

But it sounds like it really depends on the person.
Jambo has much more active/busy public areas, where Kidani's are much more serene/quiet.

I tend to like being in the middle of the action, so at this point, I'm glad to be staying at Jambo.
But many prefer a toned down atmosphere on vacation.

Sounds like AKL villas have something for everyone.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
I haven't been to Kidani yet, still a few weeks away from our first visit to the resort. But from all accounts, the garage sounds exactly like the one at Disney Hilton Head.

And although it isn't themed, I really didn't care...it's just a garage. I was just glad of the elevators 'cos it made the trip to the room with all our luggage much quicker.

Clare-DPME

We're booked into Kidani Village for our first AKV stay this December. To be honest I don't care if the garage isn't themed - I'm only going to park there.

I am interested in the free valet parking though - is that a DVC perk or a concierge one?

cemeb4dk

Our home resort is Beach Club and we usually stay there as it just fits all of our needs. But for next years trip thinking of switching it up to here. I will be watching your guys reviews and looking for pics.

As far as the garage goes, I agree who has a themed parking lot. The good thing is if its under the building at least the sun wont be beating on it all day so the car may be a bit cooler or not so hot leather seats when you get in.

For those going soon, enjoy your trip we have to wait til Oct 2010. Oh its so long away....

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
To be honest, Im more bothered by the view of a car park than any garage below, especially as the only rooms available were non Savanah. Still IM sure it will be beter than SSR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom