Kicked out and Getting Back in...

slipperalwaysfits

We have a relative who got kicked out of WDW ten or so years ago. He hasn't called to discuss this with Disney but is planning to call next week because suddenly he's decided he wants to join us for Thanksgiving. Technically, he doesn't even know if he is officially banned, although rumor has it he may have been too aggressive towards a bus driver....
I know there's a process with Disney to get back into the parks and he will have to admit what he did was wrong but I have a feeling that this process may not be completed by Nov. 22?
Of course, all this depends on the dude actually calling Disney...assuming he does...what's the process and time frame?

Edit to add: it sure wasn't me!!!!

Last edited:

NiarrNDisney

The OP is asking and honestly looking for Information on how the process works for a person attempting to get back in the Mouses good graces and not for the personal opinions of others about their relative and the actions that caused them to be removed from Walt Disney World. Therefore it may be best for the sake of being constructive that those with actual information and experience with the OP's inquiry should come forth and everyone else save their commentary so as not to insult or belittle a fellow Member and their family with disparaging comments.

Upvote 0

Clamman73

I personally do not have any knowledge of or information for you on the procedures the mouse requires to gain access again to their parks but I will point you in the direction of the Youtube vlogger TheDailyWoo who was banned years ago but after a long hiatus was granted reentry and has post videos on said subject.
I think he had someone intervene on his behalf.

Upvote 0

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
We have a relative who got kicked out of WDW ten or so years ago. He hasn't called to discuss this with Disney but is planning to call next week because suddenly he's decided he wants to join us for Thanksgiving. Technically, he doesn't even know if he is officially banned, although rumor has it he may have been too aggressive towards a bus driver....
I know there's a process with Disney to get back into the parks and he will have to admit what he did was wrong but I have a feeling that this process may not be completed by Nov. 22?
Of course, all this depends on the dude actually calling Disney...assuming he does...what's the process and time frame?

Haha you “two” have a fun time!!

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

My personal opinion is that if you post a thread looking for information on how he should go about it, then you are the very definition of supporting it.
This is such a judgmental and off the mark statement.
OP is simply asking what the process is for possibly being allowed back in a WDW after being kicked out. The cousin may have changed in the last 10 years. If someone lost their license due to a DUI, and asked me for advice on how to get it back, my looking into options for that person certainly doesn't mean I condone drunk driving, but that maybe I think this person has learned a lesson and whatever classes that are part of the process to get back their license will benefit them further.
To the OP, we don't know why the cousin was kicked out, and it will probably be a very important factor in if he is allowed back. Be blunt with him, ask what the heck actually happened, was police involved? And ask yourself, do you think he is still an aggressive guy, because maybe he would not be so fun to have on the trip.

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

He probably should have been appealing every year. He might want to pay to have a background check run on himself and have it ready to share with WDW..that is if he has a GOOD background lol.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I think he had someone intervene on his behalf.
The story was that Adam wrote to Disney asking for an appeal a year after getting banned. They denied him. He wrote again a year later, which they also denied. Then after another year passed, he had an attorney friend who had some connections with Disney write on his behalf for a reinstatement and it was granted. In his case the major thing in his favor was that the reason for his ban was not for stealing or doing anything which was violent or caused harm to any other guests or Disney staff.
There have been people whove written on another site, that they were banned, that showed up to the parks and Disney didnt pick up on them, and they got in, but they were lucky.
I'm for everyone getting a second chance as long as the incident wasnt involving violence that caused injury. People do momentarily stupid things that they regret and would never do again under any circumstance.
To the OP I'd say it cant hurt trying to write to Disney and ask for a lifting of the ban, maybe use an attorney who could advocate for him, and see where it goes. His chances certainly will be better if it wasnt originally written up that the driver was harmed.
If it was me I'd certainly remember if I was given a lifetime ban, even if it was 10 years ago.

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

My personal opinion is that if you post a thread looking for information on how he should go about it, then you are the very definition of supporting it.
Wow that was uncalled for. The OP is looking for information not ignorant and frankly rude statements based only on your personal opinions so if you do not have anything constructive to add then maybe saying nothing is the best course of action, I'm sure I don't have to remind you of the saying "If you can't say something nice, then don't say nothing at all".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

slipperalwaysfits

Original Poster
To the OP I'd say it cant hurt trying to write to Disney and ask for a lifting of the ban, maybe use an attorney who could advocate for him, and see where it goes. His chances certainly will be better if it wasnt originally written up that the driver was harmed.
If it was me I'd certainly remember if I was given a lifetime ban, even if it was 10 years ago.
Wow that was uncalled for. The OP is looking for information not ignorant and frankly rude statements based only on your personal opinions so if you do not have anything constructive to add then maybe saying nothing is the best course of action, I'm sure I don't have to remind you of the saying "If you can't say something nice, then don't say nothing at all".

Thank you, the kind people on this board. He is my brother-in-law who had a very drunk night once upon a time---I'm sure most of us have done something stupid at one point or another--sober or otherwise. This guy is actually a very decent and kind person. Thank you for the info on having to appeal year after year and/or to find an attorney. Who knows what got documented that night so we will see what happens when he actually does call/write Disney.

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

Thank you, the kind people on this board. He is my brother-in-law who had a very drunk night once upon a time---I'm sure most of us have done something stupid at one point or another--sober or otherwise. This guy is actually a very decent and kind person. Thank you for the info on having to appeal year after year and/or to find an attorney. Who knows what got documented that night so we will see what happens when he actually does call/write Disney.

You're welcome and good luck to him and your family. I know it must be frustrating for him and everyone going on the trip but I hope there is some kind of resolution as I know it would be difficult going on and enjoying a trip without the whole family there to take part and create memories together.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom