KH 2: Information blowout

StarscreamLSU

Original Poster
This is from Vjump and a fwe other Japanese magazines.

General Storyline

"Heartless once again begin to appear in many Worlds, and threaten the balance of life. It's unknown why or how they have returned. Some claim that Hollow Bastion is once again the cause/source of their unpleasant return. When Sora hears about this, he gathers his companions and they immediately leave for Hollow Bastion. They arrive and discover the World is in total chaos. The essence of what they believe is Darkness, that is emanating from the castle, is warping the very World itself. Before they have a chance to head to the castle, they are surrounded on all sides by a very large group of Heartlesses, including some they had never seen before. They have no choice but to try and fight their way out, with the knowledge that very sinister things are taking place... and it's only the beginning."

Blonde Haired Kid

The only note-worthy thing from any magazine was from V-Jump's E³ Report which refered to him as a new character with two partners of his own - whom are not Donald & Goofy.

Ansem

Still no name for "Ansem", but he has been referred to as the "Crimson/Red Enigma".

Hollow Bastion

In one magazine, a small blurb described Hollow Bastion as "once again an integral part of Sora's journey and a doorway to new, mysterious Worlds."

Disney Castle

Disney Castle, a World that had much involvement with the story and was clearly visible on the first game's world map, was not accesible in the first game which puzzled a few people. Disney Castle will indeed be playable this time around.

The Worlds

The Worlds are touted as being much more expansive than those seen in the first game.

The first playable world is Hollow Bastion, where the game opens.

Other worlds include (in no particular order):

- "Fabled Countryside"/Beauty and the Beast
- "Ancient Greece"/Hercules

As for the specific, primary/prominent areas for each of the aforementioned Worlds, a few were mentioned...

Fabled Countryside
- Quaint/Peaceful Village (one said the latter, another the former)
- Forbidden Woods/Forest
- Beast's Manor (this is the term that's always been used so far; no "castle" or anything of the like; perhaps if the curse is broken, it'll become "Prince's Castle", or something)

Ancient Greece
- Thebes (City)
- Mount Olympus (Colosseum included)
- [The] Underworld (part of it is tournament-based)

There are some practically-confirmed theme-Worlds, thus far, are, in no particular order (some are written about outright, whereas some are here simply going by subtle hints; no word on any sort of Final Fantasy-inspired Worlds as of yet):

- Nottinghamshire/Robin Hood
- Pride Rock/The Lion King
- Camelot/The Sword In The Stone
- Prydain/The Black Cauldron (WOOHOO!)

All the mentioned/heavily-rumoured themed-Worlds include, thus far

- Victorian London/The Great Mouse Detective
- ????/The Jungle Book
- ????/Mulan (one magazine said "... Mulan ... and The Jungle Book are all expected to be immortalized as playable Worlds in the next installment.")

Bosses

Bosses/adversaries Sora will supposedly encounter throughout the game include (mostly from the Hercules-inspired World; no others have been specifically mentioned as bosses, with the exception of DarkSide):

- DarkSide
- Nessus (Centaur)
- The Hydra
- The Cyclops
- The Titans (that's all that's said, so it leads one to believe that all four will be included; then again, it could just be the two that were absent from the first game)
- Auron ("a lost soul, looking for redemption" -- Final Fantasy X)
- Cerberus (not referred to as a boss, per se, but said to be returning in some capacity)
- Hades? (was not pointed out as a boss, but it's natural to think he'd be one)

Hades, Captain Hook & Jafar (perhaps in his Cobra-guise?) are all said to be indefinitely returning; presumably, to join the new group of Villains, whomever they may be.

New Types of Heartless

The game will feature many new types of Heartless, along with many that will be returning from the first game (many - not all). Also, three of those new types had names given to them. Not really certain if they're official, but I'll give them anyway.

- Rabid (little blue, pudgy dog-like things)
- HookWing (the bat-like Heartless with the red hooks on the end of their tails)
- Spectral Mage (the magic-type Heartless Sora is pictured as encountering within the Underworld)

The "White Creatures"

One magazine referred to the stretchy "White Creatures" as 'Flailers'. No name was given for the giant one.

KH2 now in REAL TIME!

The game will keep "Real Time", and the large clock on the train station in Twilight Town will also reflect this (in other words, among other things, there will be a definitive day and night periods in each World and they will alternate on a regular basis).

Rating System/Obtainment of Abilities

Sora will receive a certain special ability/technique upon the completion of any one world (that is, aside from being granted the traditional theme-based Keychain, which will also be a returning factor). Exactly which ability/technique you acquire depends solely on how well you were able to successfully complete that particular world. Once you do complete the World, the factors will be tallied up, and depending on the end result, you'll receive one ability for that World. Determining factors include, but are not necessarily limited to (i.e. the only ones divulged as of this writing; these aren't the exact classifications [as there were none], just the names I'm going to give them based on descriptions):

Total Percentage Of World Beaten Rating
Overall Time Required To Successfully Beat World Rating
Total Vanquished Enemy-Count Rating
Battle Performance Rating
Magic Adept-ability Rating
Party Cooperation Rating
Group Participation Rating
Special Rating
Overall Performance Rating

Then, those are all added together and depending on the rating, you'll receive your reward. For example, in the Hercules-themed World (one publication referred to it as "Ancient Greece"), the best ability Sora can obtain is "Zeus' Thunder", "an extremely powerful and punishing lighting-based magical attack", which drains all of Sora's MP. The second best ability is "Herc's Might" (drains 1/2) and the 'worst' one is "Hermes' Trail" (drains 1/4); no idea on what the latter two do (if you happen to do any worse than that, you'll receive a package with various items, equipment and lots of Munny included. There was no indication on whether or not if any of these abilities can be shared within the entire party, or if it's limited to just Sora. As well, if doesn't say if you can actually eventually obtain all the abilities for any given World by returning or not (I'd bet that you can).

Command Menu

Sora's Command Menu will change to a visual theme that reflects whichever World he's currently in.

Keychains

In addition to receiving Keychains throughout the course of the game, you'll have the opportunity to craft a custom KeyBlade of your very own choosing (along the same lines as the Synthesis process from the first game). Details are sketchy, but it's said that the materials needed to create the KeyBlades are very rare and well hidden in each World.

Drive Meter

The mysterious "Drive" meter seems to tie-in to how many enemies you kill, and it may or may not be the only type. For example, it mentions that if you kill enough enemies, and the gauge fills to capacity, Sora is able to unleash a powerful attack (the meter keeps count). If you execute the attack enough, and kill enough enemies, the level of the meter increases, and the attacks/techniques Sora is able to utilize when the meter is full are upgraded (but you can still use the lower-level attacks by hitting the appropriate button when the gauge fills to that specific point). If you happen to defeat a boss with a "Drive"-based attack, you get double the "points" you'd get by just using it on a normal enemy.

JackSkellington

Interesting, the KH2 is going to rock for sure. All these new aspects to the game will either make it a big success or failure. One of the great things about KH was the simplicity. It wasn't a button masher.

nikechic

KH2 sounds better than the first.

All I can say is this Fall will be an expensive one with: KH2, FFXII, World of Warcraft, Starcraft: Ghost, Grand Theft Auto San Andres, Jak III, Gran Turismo 4, Ratchet and Clank

When I am going to have time to play all these games. Wow I feel the flu coming on already. Must take off the months of sept, oct and November now.

JackSkellington

What I am worried about is the screen. Moving around from magic to items and attacking got to be difficult when there was little time available. With all these new "modes" and things the gamemight lose someofits original auora. But who knows really? The first set a new level for games. Perhaps the second will revolutionize the world again.

Legacy

I really like all of these new gameplay additions. I think the "Drive" system is just a great idea.

I only wish Stitch was a summon...

And AURON!!! With the re-imagining they did with Cloud, Auron is gonna kick even more butt!

Keyblader Ax

Originally posted by StarscreamLSU
Rating System/Obtainment of Abilities

Sora will receive a certain special ability/technique upon the completion of any one world (that is, aside from being granted the traditional theme-based Keychain, which will also be a returning factor). Exactly which ability/technique you acquire depends solely on how well you were able to successfully complete that particular world. Once you do complete the World, the factors will be tallied up, and depending on the end result, you'll receive one ability for that World. Determining factors include, but are not necessarily limited to (i.e. the only ones divulged as of this writing; these aren't the exact classifications [as there were none], just the names I'm going to give them based on descriptions):

Total Percentage Of World Beaten Rating
Overall Time Required To Successfully Beat World Rating
Total Vanquished Enemy-Count Rating
Battle Performance Rating
Magic Adept-ability Rating
Party Cooperation Rating
Group Participation Rating
Special Rating
Overall Performance Rating

Then, those are all added together and depending on the rating, you'll receive your reward. For example, in the Hercules-themed World (one publication referred to it as "Ancient Greece"), the best ability Sora can obtain is "Zeus' Thunder", "an extremely powerful and punishing lighting-based magical attack", which drains all of Sora's MP. The second best ability is "Herc's Might" (drains 1/2) and the 'worst' one is "Hermes' Trail" (drains 1/4); no idea on what the latter two do (if you happen to do any worse than that, you'll receive a package with various items, equipment and lots of Munny included. There was no indication on whether or not if any of these abilities can be shared within the entire party, or if it's limited to just Sora. As well, if doesn't say if you can actually eventually obtain all the abilities for any given World by returning or not (I'd bet that you can).
They better let us be able to gain the better items later.Because if they don't SquareEnix will have failed me for the first time in my 15 years of existence, it would be a sad, sad day.

Agreed, if they make it so you can't get the better items somehow that would be the worst update to a game since they decided to make your character have to eat in GTA

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom