"Keys To the Kingdom" tour and "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party"

Camelot

Hi...I am going to Orlando in early December, and would be interested in first hand opinions specifically about Disney's "Keys to The Kingdom" tour, and "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party". THANKS

WDW-Imagineer

I would highly recommend both. The keys to the kingdom is a great tour for any Disney fan and its not that long (5 hours). Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is also great. If you are not into the christmas spirit that much, its a great time to ride some of the more popular rides with little wait.

Upvote 0

tigger1968

While I have yet to be there for the Christmas Parade, I have done the Keys to the Kingdom. We took it on our last trip this summer and it was without a doubt the highlight of the trip. I would highly recommend it to any Disney fan.:D

Upvote 0

neilybealy

Originally posted by tigger1968
While I have yet to be there for the Christmas Parade, I have done the Keys to the Kingdom. We took it on our last trip this summer and it was without a doubt the highlight of the trip. I would highly recommend it to any Disney fan.:D

What's this Keys to the Kingdom thing all about then???:veryconfu

Upvote 0

tigger1968

The Keys to the Kingdom is a 4-5 hour walking tour of the MK. They take you all over the park, including down into the Utilidor. You also go backstage for a look at the parade staging area. We rode TTA and HM, and had a lot of fun learning some of the behind the scenes aspects of the MK. The tour included a lunch at Columbia Harbour House. The cost was $59, but we got a discount from that with our Disney Club Card. If you go to WDW, you HAVE to take this tour! They have tours at different times thru the day. I would reccommend the earlier ones, that way the park is not as crowded. Also, you must be at least 16 years old to take the tour.

Upvote 0

mickeyfan

MVMCP is a lot of fun!! We have been a couple of times and had a great time. They give out free cookies and hot cocoa and you can have a complimentary picture made. We always where our Santa hats with the Mickey Ears. It's usually not very crowded because they only sale a certain number of tickets for each night of the party. It's a lot of fun and the parade is great.

Haven't done the other yet, but plan to one day!! Have a great time!!

Upvote 0

neilybealy

Originally posted by tigger1968
The Keys to the Kingdom is a 4-5 hour walking tour of the MK. They take you all over the park, including down into the Utilidor. You also go backstage for a look at the parade staging area. We rode TTA and HM, and had a lot of fun learning some of the behind the scenes aspects of the MK. The tour included a lunch at Columbia Harbour House. The cost was $59, but we got a discount from that with our Disney Club Card. If you go to WDW, you HAVE to take this tour! They have tours at different times thru the day. I would reccommend the earlier ones, that way the park is not as crowded. Also, you must be at least 16 years old to take the tour.

that sounds kewl

Upvote 0

tmp

My wife and I did the Keys of the Kingdom tour in August and it was great! I would recommend doing an early tour. We did an 8:30 AM tour on a Tuesday and we were the only two on it. We were treated great and the tour guide, in a way, customized the tour.

Upvote 0

Chris

I took my family to MVMCP in 1999 and it was great. The crowd was a lot larger that I expected but we still had a great time. Main Street was packed. They ran the parade twice and we opted to wait until the second (late) parade. We rode rides and did the other Christmas stuff until parade time. The rides were almost deserted. We go right on everything. After the first parade nad special fireworks about half of the crowd left and it got even better. We watched the second parade and rode more rides. We were the only people on the Jungle Crusie and PoC. We did Haunted Mansion twice with no wait and Space Mountain twice with no wait. It was great. The Christmas Party theme is also well done.

We have tickets again this year I think for Nov 29th. Hope they don't cancel it due to lack of interest or in an attemp to save money.

Upvote 0

mej

Is there any sort of a tour that you can take the kids on? It will be a long time until ours are old enough to do the Keys to the Kingdom and I'd love to do something "behind the scenes" while not spoiling the magic for them (or me!)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom