Keys to the kingdom question

Uncle Orville

Original Poster
I am lucky enough to go on the keys to the kingdom tour on December 2nd for my birthday and I realized that its a small world is being refurbed then. Does anyone know if we might get to go in there and see them working on the ride? It would be creepy but fun. And also do you get to walk around inside of the rides while they are working? Thanks

KDiS88

When I went on it last year the only ride we did was the haunted mansion & we didn't walk through we rode it but our tour guide told us some things to look for while riding it & after we got off he explained a couple things about it. We didn't even go into fantasyland during the tour so I don't know about small world. Have fun! It was really interesting!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I am fairly certain guests are not allowed inside a ride while it is being refurbished or in operation, due to liability issues.

luv

I have no real idea, but my guess is that if they're working on a ride, they won't take you in there. If you got hurt, they might have OSHA headaches, etc. But I don't know. If they did, I'd sign up for it again! I'd love a look at those dolls up close. IASW is one of my all-time favorites!!

No, you don't walk around inside rides that are currently operating. You do ride a few, but you do it just like all other guests do...well, except for having an earpiece on and listening to the guide sometimes while you ride.

The KTTK pin is an awesome one, if you're into pins. About 1/3 of the reason I took the tour was to get the pin. :D

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
When I took the tour we did Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion. The tour has a set schedule and I highly doubt you would be taken into any construction areas. Too many things could go wrong. It is a fun tour though.

luv

We did Haunted Mansion and Pirates for sure. I think we did Jungle Cruise, too. They took a vote on Haunted Mansion v. some other ride. Everyone but me voted for HM. (I abstained, lol.)

Britt

I am fairly certain guests are not allowed inside a ride while it is being refurbished or in operation, due to liability issues.
This was my thinking too!

OP what a cool thing to do :D If they allow pics, make sure to post some for us!

tare

Too many issues with construction and guests being around it. But I am sure you will have a great time.

Lee

Adventurer
I am lucky enough to go on the keys to the kingdom tour on December 2nd for my birthday and I realized that its a small world is being refurbed then. Does anyone know if we might get to go in there and see them working on the ride? It would be creepy but fun. And also do you get to walk around inside of the rides while they are working? Thanks
Absolutely not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom