Keto at Disney

Gaston's gal

Original Poster
I am going to Disney the first week of August and have also been trying to eat cleaner by doing Keto. (I know that it is hard to do with all of the yummy food there) What are some QS/TS restaurant/meal suggestions for while we are there?

TARDIS

Well burgers without buns wraped in lettuce is probably the easiest. Then you have several Mexican places around where you can get a taco salad (not sure how strict you are on what your taco meat has in it) And a lot of places offer some sort of salad with chicken so just make sure your dressing is keto friendly. Keep hydrated and I would suggest keeping some snacks with you since finding snacks would be the most difficult. I like almonds or jerky for salty and almonds tosssed in butter and cinnamon and baked for a sweet.

* as a side note if you have been eating this way for a bit remember if you cheat on the diet your tummy might hate you so plan for that time away if it happens. That one dole whip might kill your stomach haha.

It's not really different from doing keto anywhere else. Proteins, fats, and some green vegetables. Avoid the starches. You can do that at almost all QS and TS locations.

awoogala

if you go on the website, the available menus are there, which helps with planning. Table service and buffets are your best bet, generally.
some places/things I've liked when I have been on keto:
MK has :
Jungle Nav.- they have a great beef salad, and a couple of other dishes could be fine, with side dishes modified(ask, they're usually great at most Disney restaurants with subbing in some broccoli or whatever)
plaza has a strawberry salad with chicken

Ak has:
tiffins is high end/pricier, but has some of the best food around (again, may need to ask to sub sides) (also, the nomad lounge, next door- no reservations needed, has some of the apps on it's menu)
tusker is a buffet- but with this comes carving stations and plenty of veggies
I believe the bbq q.s. might also work- they have half chicken meals.

EPCOT-
le cellier- steakhouse, sub sides
coral reef has seafood
tutto gusto has great charcuterie options- and you can mix and match
lots of other options- check all the menus for ideas.

H.S.-
hollywood brown derby has a "famous" cobb salad, and other options (even the lounge outside has this, and I think charcuterie)
the beer place has a charcuterie board for like $20.

in the resorts- the wave is great for keto, and of course, ohana (just skewers of meat- obviously skip the dessert)

ddbowdoin

I'd say you're up ++++'s creek when it comes to Keto at Disney... at least clean Keto.

I'm 9 months in, down 87 lbs. I've become a pro at ordering food and finding things that fit my macros but as I sit here and rack over my memory of food at Disney I would personally struggle with their options. You're going to find pretty low quality foods, a lack of sauces that really work. I'd pack food or load up in my resort and make my go-to road specialities.

Almond Flour bread made in the microwave, 90 seconds... amazing and packs well. That with some butter drives fat up.

I'd also pack a small scale, you'd think veggies will be a good option but broccoli will eat into a carb count if you don't watch the service size.

Regarding Ohana... nope, the meat is doused in sugar sauces (teriyaki, bbq etc)

You can get a steak at almost every table service restaurant. You can get eggs and a meat for breakfast or omelets if you are at a buffet. You can make dietary requests through your reservations. Bring MCT oil for your coffee or tea to supplement your fats. If you don't want to do that than there is always butter available at any quick or table service by request. Make a bag of fat bombs before you go. Moon cheese or whisps are a great snack and I believe they sell them in every park. There is the turkey leg. They have chicken on a stick in frontier land. Quick service places that have burgers have an unlimited toppings bar.

On a side note, The Keto diet isn't meant to be a long term diet. It's a cyclical diet because most people don't eat clean fats, and even if you do it can still have adverse effects on your health so you are supposed to cycle off of it every 10 to 12 weeks for at least 2 to 4 weeks. Doesn't mean you are free to go crazy on the carbs but 10 to 12 weeks of Keto should set you up to be more conscious about your carb intake. Just watch what you eat and don't stress about it. Measure your ketones every morning and if you keep your number low than you will more than likely jump right back into Ketosis. I'd say live a little. You're on vacation. It can be a slippery slope at Disney World because everything seems to be cupcakes and ice cream, ESPECIALLY on Keto but let me be the first to say I believe in you!

Oh and Goodybeats on youtube is a bit of a Keto aficionado if you haven't heard of him and he has done vlogs on eating Keto in Disney. In fact .

Figgy1

Premium Member
All diets end at the TTC.
You sir are wrong
it's here

ddbowdoin

You can get a steak at almost every table service restaurant. You can get eggs and a meat for breakfast or omelets if you are at a buffet. You can make dietary requests through your reservations. Bring MCT oil for your coffee or tea to supplement your fats. If you don't want to do that than there is always butter available at any quick or table service by request. Make a bag of fat bombs before you go. Moon cheese or whisps are a great snack and I believe they sell them in every park. There is the turkey leg. They have chicken on a stick in frontier land. Quick service places that have burgers have an unlimited toppings bar.

On a side note, The Keto diet isn't meant to be a long term diet. It's a cyclical diet because most people don't eat clean fats, and even if you do it can still have adverse effects on your health so you are supposed to cycle off of it every 10 to 12 weeks for at least 2 to 4 weeks. Doesn't mean you are free to go crazy on the carbs but 10 to 12 weeks of Keto should set you up to be more conscious about your carb intake. Just watch what you eat and don't stress about it. Measure your ketones every morning and if you keep your number low than you will more than likely jump right back into Ketosis. I'd say live a little. You're on vacation. It can be a slippery slope at Disney World because everything seems to be cupcakes and ice cream, ESPECIALLY on Keto but let me be the first to say I believe in you!

Oh and Goodybeats on youtube is a bit of a Keto aficionado if you haven't heard of him and he has done vlogs on eating Keto in Disney. In fact .

It should also be noted that Goody is a unique case in that he’s a competitive body builder who lives a ketogenic lifestyle. Just eye balling his food there he’s eating about 3500 calories which fits his macros considering how much he works out. Also, being a day visit to DL is a lot easier than say a week at WDW. He can leave DL the next day (or that night) and pound out a workout that will make that food inconsequential towards his goals.

tigsmom

No problem staying Keto at WDW as nearly all places have salads, burgers, grilled chicken and you can ask for modifications to dishes. We were there in March & had no problems.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom