Kennel questions

MerlinTheGoat

Original Poster
First of all, let me preface this by mentioning that i haven't used the Disney World kennel since the early to mid 90's. From what i gather, it's long gone and a new one has replaced it. I'm totally in the dark about what it's like.

I recently got a black labrador puppy in April. She's about 8-9 months old now. We are preparing to head up to Disney World for a couple of days within the next few months and are considering boarding her at the kennel during our stay. Just wanted some opinions on it-

- Have you kept your pet overnight?
- Which accommodation did you have?
- How long were your pets there?
- Were you pleased with the service (and did they seemed well taken care of)?
- Would you have changed anything about the service you chose that you'd recommend i do?

I welcome any other comments or opinions you have. Thanks for this, the current kennel service is new to me.:)

Tinkerbell 8

We took our dog (mini pincher, just turned 1 yr old at the time of the trip) to Disney this past January and we are taking her back again this coming March. I HATE not having my dog with me, but they took great care of her. We got her a vacation villa, which was a very large room with a raised bed, a ______, a tv and her own relief patio. She also got a walk every day, play group every day and turn down service each night. They let us bring a bunch of her toys for her room, and her own food. They wrote out a progress report every day, who she played with, who was in her group, what she did, how much she ate each day, if she went to the bathroom, etc. There are also add ons such as a treat and story at bed time, extra play time, special snacks, etc. They have both an indoor and outdoor play area, and also a private walking area that owners can take their dogs on if they visit them. The had Bella set up in a play group with dogs her size (she was just about 8 pounds then), but they realized that the little dogs weren't as playful, so they moved her with the larger dogs which she is more use to being around. It was great that they noticed this and fixed the problem. When we went to pick her up, we were waiting in the lobby where they had a tv showing pictures of dogs/cats, and there on the screen was our baby, it was sooo cute. We told her she is going back to Disney and she got very excited so it seems like she had a great time. You can check out their website, the new "resort" is called Best Friends Pet Care and its in Lake Buena Vista, they have pictures of the "resort" as well as live video of the play areas and the suites.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom