Kelly & Johnny D. "Pop" into Disney Day 5

Tuesday 9/6

We woke up early for our breakfast at the Castle. Both of us have never been to this so we were pretty excited! We go to MK just in time to see the tail end of the opening celebration. We walked right thorough before anyone else was allowed in and didn’t even need to give anyone our reservation number. At the beginning of Main Street we got a ton of photos taken with one of the photographers. I can’t wait to see them! Then we went to the Castle and waited for 2 minutes. Just as I was sitting on the throne for a pic they called us. Someone told them we were on our honeymoon (neither of us did??) and they put us in the best seat, the table for 2 right at the center window in front of the carousel! Our server came up with a little declaration type paper saying we were celebrating our honeymoon, we corrected him that we were just planning our wedding and the princesses signed it anyhow. It was really funny and confusing. A few of the princesses had bad skin and weren’t very pretty so I’m wondering how they got to be princesses? Some of them don’t even have any facial characteristics??

After breakfast we went to Splash Mountain where I exchanged a backpack I got earlier in the week that was already ripping, for another. JD went on the ride but I didn’t want to get wet before meeting with the coordinator. We then went on thunder mountain and the Haunted Mansion, got some mints on Main Street and headed over to our meeting at the Wedding Pavilion!! We were both so excited!!

We got there with 10 minutes to spare and went to Francks. Our coordinator was waiting for us. Inside Francks there is tons of wedding stuff and a ginormous cake that they can do for larger weddings. Our wedding will only have 60 – 80 guests (we think) so it was much too large for us but WOW! We sat down with our coordinator and went over all of our options. We have decided to have this for the wedding:

Wedding Ceremony: Wedding Pavilion
Pre-Reception/Cocktail Hour: France Upper Island
Reception: China Pavilion (in the Great Hall)

We walked with her over to the Wedding Pavilion which neither of us had seen in person up to that point. It is amazing!! I was so excited to see it and get an idea of the size. Just beautiful. I did the fake walk down the aisle to see what it would feel like and the view is breathtaking. You can see the castle right through the window behind where you are making your vows. We can’t wait for next year!!!!

After this we went back to the room to freshen up and then on to MGM. We went on Millionaire and John got into the hot seat!! He’d been on once before a few trips back and this time he got up to 2,000 and they asked him a question we think should have been higher up on the chart since most other people in other shows were getting stupid questions like which land has Splash Mountain in it?? His was – in the ground, what do you call a grouping of gold together? A. Artery B. Vein C. Valve D. Capillary I’m sure some people know this off the top of their heads but neither of us knew it. And though he had lifelines left to use, he guessed at what he thought was right. Oh well! Then we kept missing the shows and went through the Animation tour and Chicken Little was off duty. OH well. So we headed over to the stunt show and saw it for the first time.

JD loved the stunt show. While it was entertaining enough, I was not impressed. The benches were too hard and uncomfortable and the show wasn’t as awe inspiring as I thought it would be. I don’t really know what I was expecting but it was just not as interesting as I’d hoped. But I’m a girlie girl so maybe that’s why?? Big stunts don’t do anything for me. This was the first and last time we saw it on vacation though JD wanted to go back, we never made it back. (and not cuz I didn’t like it, we just never thought of it).

We finally got into Fantasmic! While there, I got a candy apple. I love those Candy Apples! It was fudge and had blue jimmies on it. Yummy. During Fantasmic it started to mist, then sprinkle, and I wasn’t sure if it was raining or if it was just the mist from the screens so just in case I put on my oh so cool and stylish poncho. No one else followed suit. The sky opened and mass mayhem… but they finished the show! You know you’re a Disney loser when… you can make all the movements Mickey makes in the finale. Yup. We’re losers.

We went back to the hotel and ordered domino’s for dinner. I heart their buffalo wings. TASTY. We stuffed ourselves on pizza, it was 2 for Tuesday. Had to do it. During dinner we watched more of the World Series of Poker.

Next up: Blizzard Beach and dinner in Canada!

On to day 6!

kellydisney

Original Poster
It would be cool! Actually I really wanted Germany outside around the fountain. But they won't rent out actual Disney restaurants because people can still be eating after the parks close and it would take too long to get the last people out, clean and then set up for your reception. The only places they currently do weddings are:

American Adventure Rotunda (you need 100 guests or more)
China Pavilion (in the room BEFORE you get into the theater
Bistro de Paris (upstairs in France)
Living Seas

You can have a reception with no DJ or band on Italy Isola (again 100 or more)

Dessert Parties on
French Upper Island
French Lower Island
Italy Isola (100 or more)
UK upper
UK lower
French Arm

That's all I know about that have been done. I'd love Mexico or Germany but of course they are not options!! Oh well...

RealHawker

kellydisney said:
It would be cool! Actually I really wanted Germany outside around the fountain. But they won't rent out actual Disney restaurants because people can still be eating after the parks close and it would take too long to get the last people out, clean and then set up for your reception. The only places they currently do weddings are:

American Adventure Rotunda (you need 100 guests or more)
China Pavilion (in the room BEFORE you get into the theater
Bistro de Paris (upstairs in France)
Living Seas

You can have a reception with no DJ or band on Italy Isola (again 100 or more)

Dessert Parties on
French Upper Island
French Lower Island
Italy Isola (100 or more)
UK upper
UK lower
French Arm

That's all I know about that have been done. I'd love Mexico or Germany but of course they are not options!! Oh well...

thanks, I was going to ask you about the options. I am already married myself, but we did such a small affordable wedding it's nice to think about.

kellydisney

Original Poster
Our wedding is going to be relatively small and affordable. I'd be spending more in MA with all the people we'd be obligated to invite. In this case, most of those obligations will say no thanks to travel! So there's less people to pay for and more fun for us!!

Disney does great things for Vow Renewals. You should look into it someday. I'm on a board called the Disneymooners and it's for anyone planning a Disney wedding or vow renewal. They do some amazing things!!

CAPTAIN HOOK

kellydisney said:
Our wedding is going to be relatively small and affordable. I'd be spending more in MA with all the people we'd be obligated to invite. In this case, most of those obligations will say no thanks to travel! So there's less people to pay for and more fun for us!!
I think my invitation is lost in the post !!

jackiepetrillo

Tell me Tell me

I am so enjoying your trip report. You must write for a living!!! Now tell me WHAT DOOOOO YOU CALL A GROUP OF GOLD TOGETHER???? :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom