Kathleen Kennedy Contract Renewed Through 2024

G00fyDad

I just dipped my toe into Amazon Streaming, and I wasn't honestly impressed. The Boys got really boring and sloppy in season 2. The Wheel of Time looks like some money was thrown at it, but not talent- specifically in the direction, action, editing, and cinematography (the end of episode one is downright terrible in all respects). Honestly, Apple has impressed me- there isn't much, but what there is, is of high quality.
I was really disappointed in Season 2. I stopped watching pretty early in that season. I did not see it getting better.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Who do you think gave her the contract? There is no amorphous ""Disney management"" that gets hoodwinked by such a thing.

She was supposed to be, according the rumors, hated by ""Disney management", isolated from doing her duties by ""Disney management"", about to be fired by ""Disney management"".

""Disney management"" is two people above her (her bosses): Whoever is the president of the movies division and the CEO. Which of these did KK 'trick' by 'hiding' for a while? How does that even work? Not taking their calls? Not showing up for meetings?

You do know that these two executives aren't a manifestation of social media 'consensus,' right? That they're actually two individuals, and not "the internet," right?

This is one of the more ridiculous made-up suppositions to explain that KK isn't as hated by everyone as much as yourself.
Who are you talking to?

because if you data mine…I didn’t make any of the claims you are attributing to me.

do I THINK she should have been fired? Absolutely.
Did I believe it was a going to happen? No…not really as time passed.
She was closeted (absolutely…don’t even bother lying to yourself about that…) for about 2 years and it was a developing disaster. That’s history…not opinion.

but the longer time went on…the less likely a move would be made on Disney’s part. She’s not young…she could have played it out and left on her own, however.

but are you getting your entertainment reporting from newsmax? I’m not talking about comic book blogs being unhappy with her…or even my/erasure’s critiques.

the product tanked prior to Mando…and it sure looks like favreau/filoni might be calling the shots there…

george is snooping around…they go out of their way to mention it.

her story team was unceremoniously canned (one of iger’s best moves)…her directors AND actors have almost all taken a shot at some point…
…it’s not internet speculation.

now here we go: characters nobody wants (check the shelves of a store and try to find “Rey”…it will be tough) being lauded again. The most anticipated (by fans) film project - rogue squadron - now with eerily similar R1/Solo “creative differences”….what’s the problem? Dailies looked good and we can’t have that??

who gave her the contract? Chapek. Who is a 101% horrible manager and knows less about Hollywood than parks. Good for her…she doesn’t have to deal with Iger…who chose not to act.
Doesn’t mean there is any validation or locked in improvement.

but as I said prior…I’m ok with it if she’s the business person. Agents, talent, logistics and contracts. Nowhere near stories or characters. She has no skill in that…read the resume. Doesn’t mean she is an idiot or has no value. But in her lane.

you can admit what happened and not have your d23 card revoked. The patronizing here is laughable in its inaccuracy (not by you…those with “selective memories”)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
New reputable source has confirmed the contract renewal yet.
I imagine it’s true…but I can’t find anything in print that does not appear to be coming from her side…

delving into this a little…is Jenkins gonna be fired too?

jeez…I hope it’s actually Disney just sucks at Star Wars and it’s NOT kennedy at all

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I imagine it’s true…but I can’t find anything in print that does not appear to be coming from her side…

delving into this a little…is Jenkins gonna be fired too?

jeez…I hope it’s actually Disney just sucks at Star Wars and it’s NOT kennedy at all
Ooops, typo. That' *no* reputable news source has confirmed it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ooops, typo. That' *no* reputable news source has confirmed it.
Yeah…I got the gist of it.

woah…I’ve been in Star Wars recovery for most of the last two years…it’s been therapeutic…

i just read the Marsha Lucas interview that is in the Howard Kazanjian book…

wow!! It makes even a cynic like me blush

sedati

I wish Joseph Campbell were alive to day to study the modern-day myth-makers weaving their intricate tales from their blind bubbles of rage.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I wish Joseph Campbell were alive to day to study the modern-day myth-makers weaving their intricate tales from their blind bubbles of rage.
Like this?
Or maybe this?

Jedijax719

Like this?
Or maybe this?
For the first one, Han's death had a LOT to do (supposedly) with what Harrison wanted. It has even been said it was the only way he'd come back.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
For the first one, Han's death had a LOT to do (supposedly) with what Harrison wanted. It has even been said it was the only way he'd come back.
We know that…they paid off a disgruntled actor. So has been Harrison Ford (my favorite actor before he started crashing planes and only asking what the check was instead of reading the script) gets to call the shots?

bad management…another example

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
We know that…they paid off a disgruntled actor. So has been Harrison Ford (my favorite actor before he started crashing planes and only asking what the check was instead of reading the script) gets to call the shots?

bad management…another example
How could KK have any bad management? Isn't she just a figurehead who's been stripped of any authority because she's so hated by Disney now and is isolated while Jon and Dave are running everything?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
How could KK have any bad management? Isn't she just a figurehead who's been stripped of any authority because she's so hated by Disney now and is isolated while Jon and Dave are running everything?
You understand that movie was written/filmed in 2013-2015, correct?

the Ford decision was bad…little denying that one either.

I don’t know if I’d put that one on her though…I think you have plenty of blame to go around there.

erasure fan1

Yes, that's been the widely accepted reason for sure. And that makes the whole decision to keep Han, Luke and Leia apart all the more infuriating. They knew from the start the gang wasn't getting back together, and they didn't care. The incompetence of Kennedy with star wars starts with force awakens. She knee capped the films with her arrogance with TFA, and for that alone, she should have been fired after last Jedi divided everyone.

At this point, the silence from Disney says everything I need to know about the state of star wars. They have no clue what to do with the ip and how to move forward with it.

Jedijax719

Personally, as shocking as it was to see on screen, I felt that the Han (my favorite SW character of all) death was an emotional moment that gave the trilogy a bit of momentum. I am not saying it was absolutely necessary, but it did give that first movie some major teeth (even if those teeth were dulled after that).

But that's the past. As far as the current and future, I find it rather alarming and frustrating as a SW fan to not have any announcements or updates on upcoming shows and movies. With all the D+ anniversary stuff and D23 stuff lately, there's been a terrible lack of, well, anything (other than the Rogue Squadron delay).

That is most troubling, especially considering how the MCU just keeps going and going.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom