kali river rapids

NTI2002

Original Poster
quite possibly the only dissapointment my family and I experienced on our trip this past week was Kali River Rapids.

Does anyone else feel that the ride was just too short?

disneyfamily

I would think that when compared to the time you have to wait, most rides are too short. I swear ToT used to be a longer ride. Maybe I'm just too familiar with it.

Laura

Premium Member
I think I've posted this same thing before. It's short, and all the times I've ridden it no one in my boat has gotten wet at all. Other people here have posted that they've been drenched on the ride, but I've never even come close. I only ride it for the big drop. Other than that its just a bore. I can't believe Disney didn't go above and beyond on this ride, especially since there's very few "thrilling" rides at AK right now. Oh well.

disneyfamily

Laura22 said:
I think I've posted this same thing before. It's short, and all the times I've ridden it no one in my boat has gotten wet at all. Other people here have posted that they've been drenched on the ride, but I've never even come close. I only ride it for the big drop. Other than that its just a bore. I can't believe Disney didn't go above and beyond on this ride, especially since there's very few "thrilling" rides at AK right now. Oh well.

Mark me down for "been drenched everytime". I have been thoroughly soaked each and everytime. It is a short ride, but the themeing is awesome. Heres to hoping Everest takes longer than 1min. 30 sec. to ride.

Yea, I admit it, Kali rapids is rubbish. I dont know if its on the american one but the british promo DVD has this woman braggin about it as if it is the best thing that ever happened to her! so I was all geared up in the sweltering heat, expecting a good soaking...and, wow, not a drip. Not even my mum got wet and she is THE magnet for water on these types of things!
Sadly i havnt been to DCA to go on Grizly but the pics ive seen are phenominal! I looks so cool. Ill go eventually...
IMO the best bit of the ride is actually the queue line with the big golden cat :D

Mom's the word

Soaked every time here, I think a lot depends on who you are with, the weight distribution in your group. We always say not to sit next to my DH, it's a guaranteed wet down. Short, yes, but I love the theming, the queue area is just fantastic, and am glad to have a fun way to cool down when it's too hot . . . hate those wet shorts though!

Legacy

Go ride Bluto's Bilge-Rat-Barges if you want a rapids ride in Orlando. It has a much more understandable story, but theming and you WILL get wet on it. Period.

(People get so wet on it, it's seasonal.)

ogryn

Legacy said:
Go ride Bluto's Bilge-Rat-Barges if you want a rapids ride in Orlando. It has a much more understandable story, but theming and you WILL get wet on it. Period.

(People get so wet on it, it's seasonal.)

I agree. That is the rapids ride. Soaked everytime.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have noticed if you are on the side of the raft that hits the water first at the end of the drop you will get soaked (somehow it always happens to me) if you are not you will get off completely dry. The ride is to short. Disney definitely dropped the ball on this one. However it does fall into the Disney family attraction category. My three year old loves it and the height restriction is pretty low. The Popeye raft ride at IOA is much better.

m star

I can't imagine how everyone in the raft could remain dry... Since the original name of the ride was Tiger Rapids Run, I suspect that Disney had planned on showing tigers (real ones) along the ride, but changed the name when they found out it was impractical. This probably accounts for the long smooth stretches of jungle. This would make the "story" better, since it shows how the tiger's habitat is being destroyed.

Yen_Sid1

Originally, Tiger Rapids Run was going to be a lot longer and have 3 drops also have animals in the ride like tigers and monkeys to give a real Asian feel to the place. But of course, they wanted to save money, so they made some cuts. They went from 3 drops to 1 drop. They moved the tigers to the Jungle Trek and put the Gibbons near the queue line entrance. Then they renamed it Kali River Rapids.

I never seem to have a problem getting wet on the ride but I agree that it could be longer. Given the size of the Animal Kingdom, and as other have stated, the relative need for some thrill rides, I'm surprised they didn't.

I wonder if the attraction will ever be expanded?

NeedABreak

I guess I just like rapids ride cuz I liked this one and my girlfriend did not. We both got soaked (this was in November on a windy day, lol) she was misserable and wouldn't go back on it even though we had a fast pass and could have walked on.

I do think that the fastpass is kinda wasted on this ride. I have never really seen a line longer than 5 mins in the off season (bu mabe some people were smarter than me and didn't ride a wet ride that day lol)

I guess even with all the people who don't like this ride just getting wet could be worth it in the sumer.

DCL

Everytime I've been on Kali, I've remained completely dry. I was there this past June, and it was very hot, needless to say. It wasn't very pleasant going on a water ride, and managing to stay completely dry, while working up a sweat from the fire at the end of the ride..

Disney definately could have done a lot more with that ride. I've only been on it a few times, and it's a waste of time to wait in line for Kali, IMO

MonoRon

I never get drenched on Kali River Rapids, I rode it twice and both times had a quarter of my body wet or completely dry. I haven't been on it since, the line when I go is usually long so I dont wait. I want to get wet when its 90 or above out. Yes it's too short as well.

TomorrowlandTyler

Scale of 1 to 10 = 2

I've Gotton drenched every time, I have no idea how any of you stay dry, :confused: But a note on the themeing on a scale of 1 to 10 of what disney colud have done, is a 2 at the most.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom