News Kali River Rapids scheduled for 5 week refurbishment in the new year

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Is it getting a plot?
There wasn't an "amen!" button so I had to resort to simply "liking" your post. I wish Disney could kick Kali into shape in a 5 week span. Would be nice! Kali needs some serious downtime for a real refurb.

... 5 weeks. Pressure wash?

Last edited:

Rteetz

@wdwmagic can we confirm if Splash is going down again in 2018? I have seen reports that it is now listed as down starting 1/8/2018 on the TA site.

If this is the case do we have a reason for it? I would guess its because they weren't able to get everything done during the current refurb and needed more time but don't want it down during the holidays.

GlacierGlacier

Just had my dad check the TA site, it's claiming Splash is down January 8 through February 2. So strange. At least it opens the day before my birthday the first time.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Just had my dad check the TA site, it's claiming Splash is down January 8 through February 2. So strange. At least it opens the day before my birthday the first time.
I can confirm this on the travel agent website Jan 8 through Feb 1 opening back on Feb 2nd.
Also the Belle will be down from Jan 8 through June 28th opening back on the 29th
HOP still has TBD.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Strange situation, especially with the refurb taking place now. I'm not aware of any downtime in January, but that doesn't mean it wont happen.

I'll update if I hear anymore, but currently I'm not going to list it as closed.

prfctlyximprct

Strange situation, especially with the refurb taking place now. I'm not aware of any downtime in January, but that doesn't mean it wont happen.

I'll update if I hear anymore, but currently I'm not going to list it as closed.
Okay good!! Hope it’s inaccurate :(

24E17E66-E275-4716-B5FA-F3901DD0C62A_zpsm2vqeivf.png

RobbinsDad

Wouldn't adding singing cartoonish animals completely obliterate the themeing in place in the Asia section of the park?
Not to be facetious, but talking/singing animals are kind of a thing everywhere at WDW (they have an entire theatre dedicated to it one continent over). These animals are actually found in India so the themes aren't out of place, and the story is about a journey, some of which takes place on a river.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom