Pre-Trip JZSquared Takes On the World

Hey Y'all, sorry I'm not creative as some of you all are when it comes to thinking about trip titles. :inlove:

Let's start with the introductions:

Who?

I'm Lyssa, and my better half is Justin:
3u9iN9N.jpg

Also know as JZSquared because after getting married, our initials are both JZ, so it's JZSquared, like I said we're not very original :p

We're both teachers. I teach special ed preschool [ages 3 to 6] and Justin teaches high school students AP Calculus BC and AP Computer Science. We're also crazy cat people and have five cats [all strays I've rescued from the streets, including a new kitten I rescued during Hurricane Harvey]. We live near Houston, TX.

I am OBSESSED with Disney, and even had an Alice In Wonderland themed wedding [which was on super pi day BTW 3.14.15, that's what you get when you marry a math teacher]. I haven't been to Disney World since 1995, and I was 11 and thought I was way too cool for the world. Justin hasn't been to Disney World since 1997, and he was there for a science competition and he claims they didn't even get to ride on any of the rides and even stayed off world.

Though we did go to Disney Land during our 2015 Summer West Coast Road Trip and we both had a great time there, even DH, who questioned my choice to go to Disneyland had an awesome time.
0DIlkdG.jpg

I've been trying to plan a Disney World Trip for years [rather convince DH to agree to one for years] and they always fell through. I think he finally got tired of my begging and agreed to it mostly to get me to leave him alone ;). But also, we're planning on defrosting our child [I had uterine cancer about three years ago, and needed a full hysterectomy to get rid of it, and before that we went through fertility treatments to freeze and embryo, we did manage to freeze one] this spring, and we decided we wanted a Disney Trip to enjoy before we actually have a baby, so we can do what we want and just enjoy being in the world without worrying about a baby. So I think that was also a deciding factor.

Anyhow I love writing about vacations [as evidenced by my other travel blog http://adventuresofjzsquared.blogspot.com/] and taking pictures, though I'm not nearly as talented as some of the photographers I've seen on some of y'all's trip reports :p and I can't wait to share stories about our trip here with everyone.

When?

Since we're teachers, we have a limited time period we can actually go to Disney World. We also hate heat [and yes we live in Texas, but we're both from the east coast! I'm originally from NJ and DH is originally from Pennsylvania.] Therefore we decided to go during the BUSIEST time of the year, we'll be there from New Year's Eve [Dec 31st, 2017] to January 5th, 2018. We're also planning on driving to Florida from Texas because we really like road trips, and for us, it was much cheaper than flying, and worth it for the adventure. :)

Where?

We're staying at Pop Century Resort because we liked the price, and really don't plan on spending much time in our hotel room.

We're planning on spending 4 days in the world, and 1 day at Universal Studios, where we'll be taking a VIP tour, so we can try to cram AS MUCH HARRY POTTER in as possible in one day before we have to drive back.

Looking forward to writing more about this trip and meeting new people in this forum ;) I've really been enjoying all of your pre-trip reports and trip reports, and they're helping me get through the one hundred something days till our trip!!!!

krisri18

I finally found a way to convince DH to go on TOT with me.

Me: I'll buy you a mickey pretzel or ice cream bar if you ride it with me.
Him: Ok
Me: Ok? That's really all it took. The promise of food?
Him: Yep
That's how I got my oldest to ride Everest again! He rode it once back in 2010 just so he could get the tshirt that said "I conquered Expedition Everest". Then refused to ride it again. Well we got it him to try it again this past August.... but it took the promise of Flame Tree BBQ and a dole whip. Still hates it. lol

Lyssa

Original Poster
That's how I got my oldest to ride Everest again! He rode it once back in 2010 just so he could get the tshirt that said "I conquered Expedition Everest". Then refused to ride it again. Well we got it him to try it again this past August.... but it took the promise of Flame Tree BBQ and a dole whip. Still hates it. lol

Now he's telling me he won't ride it, LOL. Oh well, I still have a few days left to convince him ;)

Lyssa

Original Poster
It's 6:45 am, Texas time, we're about to load the car and start our road trip... Next up will be an actual trip report.

If you want to see pictures before an actual trip report and because I have an Instagram addiction problem, my IG is lyssajamie13, and the joint one that Justin and I both use [though I mainly made it for J to post the pics he takes on his phone with] is adventuresofjzsquared

Have a great week everyone

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom