Trip Report Jut on in! 40-year-old Best Friends' POFQ Trip, June 2019 *COMPLETED*

Hello, all!! Just got back yesterday from the World (but WHY?! is the trip over already?! I will never understand...), and I'm ready to begin our Trip Report!!

For those of you who want a refresher, or who didn't see it, HERE is our Pre-Trip report, but to summarize:

WHO: My best friend P (just turned 40 in May), and me- Amber (40). P and I went to HS together, 1 year apart, but weren't friends. We became friends when we worked together at my college bookstore in the summers after graduation. In 2001, while working at the bookstore, P (who had been to WDW several times as a child) and I (never had been) planned a trip, along with another friend of P's. This was my first trip, and I was hooked!! From then on I became the Disney expert in our friendship as the years went on and altogether before this trip, she and I (with varying combinations of friends and family members as well) went to the World 5 times (though a couple of these were just 1 day visits). We hadn't been for a full week since 2006, so we figured our 40th birthday year was time to rectify this.

This is P and I in November 2018, as she and her wife, and my husband and I happened to be in the World at the same time and met up for a few minutes:

WHERE: Port Orleans French Quarter! I've always loved the look and smallness of this resort, but had not ever stayed here, as it isn't one my husband really ever wants to stay at. So I figured this was a good opportunity to stay there. I really loved our resort!

WHEN: Saturday, June 15th- Saturday, June 22nd. I was really excited to be going for a full week!

Hope you'll join me!

Minnesota disney fan

Just read your whole report. Loved,loved, loved it:)
We love POFQ too and POR is special to us too. Enjoyed living your trip through you report. It will be another year for us:(.
Looks like you had a great 40th trip!

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
Just read your whole report. Loved,loved, loved it:)
We love POFQ too and POR is special to us too. Enjoyed living your trip through you report. It will be another year for us:(.
Looks like you had a great 40th trip!
Thank you so much for reading it! POFQ has definitely become a fave of mine, for sure. Ah, but the planning and anticipation are almost as fun as the trip...and then suddenly, the trip has happened. Thanks again!

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
I really enjoyed your report! I would love to take a trip with my best friend, but DH never wants me to go without him!

Best friend trips are so fun! P says she would like DH and I to go at the same time as she and her wife sometime, which I think could be fun--time with hubby and time with bestie!
Great report! Looks like you guys has such a great time!

We did, thank you for reading along!
Great trip report!! It looks like you had so much fun!! Still wish I would have ran into you--maybe next time!!

We had a blast!! I know, such a bummer. I would love to stay at POFQ sometime, so there's a chance!
I enjoyed reading along. Glad you had a great trip.

Thank you so much!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom