Just wondering....

TheJonesys

Original Poster
Am very angry with Virgin Holidays at the moment - they really don't value their guests as their advert claims.....so.......

Who has had a fantastic service or flight with any other company going to Disney World

Thanks

slappy magoo

Am very angry with Virgin Holidays at the moment - they really don't value their guests as their advert claims.....so.......

Who has had a fantastic service or flight with any other company going to Disney World

Thanks

Most of our trips to WDW have been with our driving one of our own cars. Took a flight to Orlando our first trip, then had to drive our rental car back due to an impending hurricane influencing those who run the airport (and the WDW parks, for that matter) to shut down. Luck was on our side, the hurricane, while not lessening its force, did slow down its trajectory, so we were half a day away by the time it officially hit Florida. Can't remember enough about the flight - or even which carrier we used - to be of any use.

I will say this about that, though...our last trip, which was the first with our wee one, we opted to drive from the Jersey Shore to Virginia, where we used Amtrak's Auto Train to get to Florida. It was a 17+ hour train ride, but we brought our own car, which they place in special storage. This allows you the luxury of packing MUCH more than you would if you were flying, if you need to. A full dinner and a continental breakfast was included. And we paid extra to get a sleeper car, with a private bath that was about the size of one of Marisa Tomei's dresses. While we didn't get the best rest that night (the baby would only sleep if I held her...allllll night...there AND back), it was better than having to stop every 2 to 3 hours for an hour or more for feeding and changing. Weve often driven straight through, stopping for meals, gas and bathroom breaks, in about 20 hours. We definitely would have taken at least 2 days, perhaps 3, with mandatory overnight hotel stays
had we tried to drive. And while our own situation made an ideal travel impossible, I do have to say, the concierges assigned to us bent over backwards to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. They really were top-notch all the way. I know, with you coming from the UK, the need for this type of travel isn't there. But for the benefit of the Yanks who may read it, if you're talking about the quality of service...Amtrak had it, hands down.

minnie2000

Thanks

Interesting - what happened to make you so disappointed with Virgin?

We have travelled with them a few times since 2003, and while I haven't had any major problems with them, the standard of service has definitely dropped each year. The worst thing that happened to us was that I reserved our seats when I booked the flights, but when I checked in we were not able to sit together. I was annoyed, because I had reserved seats months before. I can't see the point of letting us reserve seats, if they are not going to honour those reservations.

Also, last time we flew, my meal was disgusting on the way to Florida, and I am not usually fussy with food. On that flight, I just ate the other things and said nothing. Then, coming home, I literally could not eat the meal that they gave me, it was so bad. However, I spoke to one of the stewardesses and asked if there were any different meals left over, and she was kind enough to get one for me.

We have not used any other companies to go to Orlando, but we did fly to New York last year with BA. The plane was comfortable and the food not bad at all, but I think they are quite expensive if you fly to Orlando with them.

TheJonesys

Original Poster
I agree, I think the service has dropped too.

This year, they mucked up my original booking, by booking the wrong flight coming home, and we were entitled to a free upgrade car, but we had booked an 8 seater and they upgraded us to a posh 7 seater...not sure where I was meant to put the 8th member of our group. It took me 2 hours to sort this out.

We got a 10% discount, but to top it off 2 months later they sent a letter offering a 15% discount which they told me I wasn't entitled to and then last week I was offered 20% discount, which I wasn't entitled to either because I'd booked early. I'm probably being picky, but I thought holiday companies wanted you to book early.

Hey ho, as long as they get me there I can relax and enjoy myself, after all I'll be in the happiest place on earth!!!!:sohappy:

JordanRHughes

Thanks for the heads up. I will look into other companies now. Currently they do have a good deal from our location, but I don't want to take any chances.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom