Just Went on Soarin'

Cosmo

Original Poster
Ok...the wife and I just came back from a spur of the moment trip to Disney. The first thing we did was to go on Soarin'.

I can sum it up in one word:

WOW! :sohappy:

I know this isn't the most descriptive post...but.....WOW...we couldn't stop talking about it. Definitely the BEST thing we've experienced at WDW in a long long long long long time.

We can't wait to go on it again. :wave:

General Grizz

Cosmo said:
Ok...the wife and I just came back from a spur of the moment trip to Disney. The first thing we did was to go on Soarin'.

I can sum it up in one word:

WOW! :sohappy:

I know this isn't the most descriptive post...but.....WOW...we couldn't stop talking about it. Definitely the BEST thing we've experienced at WDW in a long long long long long time.

We can't wait to go on it again. :wave:
Me neither! :)

pat in the hat

I can't wait to ride!!! Could you please describe it though, do you sit in individual "gliders" and move, or is it 360-movie based, or a combination?

Thanks for the info! :wave:

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
pat in the hat said:
I can't wait to ride!!! Could you please describe it though, do you sit in individual "gliders" and move, or is it 360-movie based, or a combination?

you sit in large simulator 'gliders' that get suspended over an IMAX screen and react to the terrain. very cool stuff. get your fast passes early in the day. :)

Cosmo

Original Poster
Well, what you do is you get put into 3 different "pre-flight" areas and are given a safety briefing by "Puddy" from Seinfeld. Then you go into this huge theatre. there are three rows of seats in front of this huge screen. so you just sit in those and then all of the seats lift up off the ground. and the rows are lifted so that there's noone in front of you, meaning that the first row is now above the second and the second above the third (we were in the first row) and you are in your seat with your feet dangling suspended in front of the screen. Then you feel wind, you have movement like you're gliding and you even smell the surroundings of what you're looking at. Its so realistic that when you're going over the whitewater river, people (including me) were actually lifting their feet because its like you're going to get wet!

goofyfan13

I loved it too, and I think my favorite part is takeoff. Just how the lights dim, "Soarin' to Tower we're ready for takeoff" then how you fly up to position, and BAM, the screen turns on and the music kicks in, what a cool way to start a ride. My girlfriend rode the one in California, and loves the orange groove part. But I too haven't really been able to stop talking about it the past couple days, to the point where I've actually kinda annoyed my girlfriend. :lol: :lookaroun

KingStefan

Bullredchaser said:
I hope it is open between April 23-27 as Ive been waiting along time for this ride to come alive.
So do I. I'll be there all next week. Unfortunately, user "bfkgnews" doesn't think it's going to happen:
brkgnews said:
EP: Several Cast Members confirm that there will be no more soft openings of Soarin' until the grand opening on May 5th.
:cry: See thread http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=54624, post http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=996996&postcount=4

PamelaNiebergal

brich said:
Ok, so if one is afraid of heights, does said one enjoy this ride? :eek:
...yes, said one is me... :lookaroun

Ok. I am pretty afraid of height in certain circumstances (I can't go on hotel balconies above three stories or so without having a heart attack) but I really enjoyed Soarin in California Adventure and WDW's is pretty much the same from what I understand. I would say to try it because it is an amazing experience. You'll either be glad you did and want to ride it again and again or else you can close your eyes and it will be over before you know it. Good luck!

brich

Ok. I am pretty afraid of height in certain circumstances (I can't go on hotel balconies above three stories or so without having a heart attack) but I really enjoyed Soarin in California Adventure and WDW's is pretty much the same from what I understand. I would say to try it because it is an amazing experience. You'll either be glad you did and want to ride it again and again or else you can close your eyes and it will be over before you know it. Good luck!
Great, Thanks. I'll do it. I do Tower and love Hulk at IOA so I'm sure I'll be fine. :eek:

Chape19714

If you are afraid of hieghts, don't worry, I would request row 3 in A, B, or C, just to be safe, but everything else is so imersive, you forget about the hieghts, even on the top. The actual ride vechile is like an oversized ski-lift chair that moves as smooth as silk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom