Just my two cents about the YEAR OF A MILLION DREAMS

missionspace

Okay as you know today the year of a million dreams celebration started. YAY!!

I have a lot of friends in the dream squad and I heard some disturbing stories from them today. I'd like to please remind everyone to treat us cast members with respect. I'd like to give you some advice while visiting the parks this year.

1. For the pin sharks/Pin crazies:

DO NOT! And I mean DO NOT! go bothering or attacking our dream squad for the year of a million dreams tinkerbell pins. They're not going to be on our lanyards!! Don't go asking for them, don't you dare come up to me asking "oh, so are you going to give me one of those pins?"

I was attacked about 20 people today alone for that one pin!! They're rewarded by us to the guest when we see guest do something nice. They're not just randomly handed out and we only give so many per day, per location.

2. Don't go bothering our dream squad in general! We're going to randomly select people for these dreams...big or small, we randomly select them.

Now, I'm saying these things not because I'm mean or anything but today must've been a really hard day on my friends and I.

I for one was attacked by the pin crazies for this one pin, I was being asked if I was "giving out dreams in the next hour??"!!! !!? It doesn't work like that.

My friend (who is in dream squad) Got attacked by a few quest for not giving their family dreams when they witnessed her giving a dream to another family.

Now this type of behavior is not permitted at all. If you're lucky you're lucky, if you're not, you're not.

My friend told me she was followed by this one family followed her almost all day to see if she was going to give them anything.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT??!!

So please, pass this advice along to others. While at the parks, especially with the new celebration, don't feel crossed with the dream squad if they don't give you a dream.

RUDE!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
As much as my son wanted that fastpass I don't I could follow you around all Day! Maybe half a Day!

Instead of following around a CM, wouldn't your time be more wisely spent actually enjoying your visit, instead of trying to get something for nothing?

missionspace

You people just don't give up!
I'm sorry my Son wanted a Fastpass! You don't have to worry about it because I won't be going any more during the celebration! More for you guys to win! I'll give it up! We just felt upset ,because I spent thousdands and won nothing!
Sorry!

Epcot82Guy

I was afraid this would be the problem. There are some entitlement issues that simplye exist. I just hope the thrill of making someone's dream is payment to compensate for the crap they will deal with as a dreamsquad member. However, I think it is a fun promotion overall. I don't like the global marketing strategy as a whole, but I like this concept. I really do wish each resort would get their own version (i.e. mini-celebration), but i digress. Please tell the squad to keep up the good work, and keep their chins up. They are making magic. And, to those that don't win a dream, of course there is disappointment. That's the way it goes. But, remember you may have done the same thing to another child when you said "I'm going to Disney World." It's all relative.

I do have a question. What are the exact "standards" for the Tink pins? It seems like the initial statements made it seem like they were given away for simple behaviors that are (IMHO) expected. Are people trained to give them for cast member-worthy activity (greeting, picking up trash not their own, giving up a place in line, etc.) or something mroe simple?

metscool

I love you Dream Squad people. I was at MGM and I saw the same person that I saw last week with MKT, Taryn and o I can not remember her name and I went up to him and said hello. And he remembered me. I was the quite one in the group last week.

SGT623

v_misses_epcot
I get your point..I actually knew better to begin with, but it could have been said in a much better way. As a cast member, I would expect better. Just because you have the right idea doesn't mean you should act like those you are attacking. You can mention some issues that were turning up without the approach of address "everyone" in a condescending manor. I like to hear what is going on, not be proactivley scolded.

missionspace
Are all of your resent posts legit or are you just playing? I find it hard to believe someone could be this delusional.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'm sorry my Son wanted a Fastpass! You don't have to worry about it because I won't be going any more during the celebration! More for you guys to win! I'll give it up! We just felt upset ,because I spent thousdands and won nothing!
Sorry!

You might not of won anything, but you got to spend a vacation with your son at WDW. Those memories will last a lifetime and will mean more in the future than ANY fastpass would have. :wave:

Montu

I have a lot of friends in the dream squad and I heard some disturbing stories from them today. I'd like to please remind everyone to treat us cast members with respect. I'd like to give you some advice while visiting the parks this year.

DO NOT! And I mean DO NOT! go bothering or attacking our dream squad for the year of a million dreams tinkerbell pins. They're not going to be on our lanyards!! Don't go asking for them, don't you dare come up to me asking "oh, so are you going to give me one of those pins?"

I was attacked about 20 people today alone for that one pin!! They're rewarded by us to the guest when we see guest do something nice. They're not just randomly handed out and we only give so many per day, per location.

2. Don't go bothering our dream squad in general! We're going to randomly select people for these dreams...big or small, we randomly select them.

Now, I'm saying these things not because I'm mean or anything but today must've been a really hard day on my friends and I.

I for one was attacked by the pin crazies for this one pin, I was being asked if I was "giving out dreams in the next hour??"!!! !!? It doesn't work like that.

My friend (who is in dream squad) Got attacked by a few quest for not giving their family dreams when they witnessed her giving a dream to another family.

Now this type of behavior is not permitted at all. If you're lucky you're lucky, if you're not, you're not.

My friend told me she was followed by this one family followed her almost all day to see if she was going to give them anything.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT??!!

So please, pass this advice along to others. While at the parks, especially with the new celebration, don't feel crossed with the dream squad if they don't give you a dream.

sent via private instead.

Thurp

The CMs I saw who were getting ready to give away some prizes had huge smiles on their faces. It was probably their first give away.

I hate to think that they hated their job by the end of the first day. I hope they are able to remain in good spirits. The family I saw who won the fast passes was so excited they wanted to go find the CMs and give them a hug. in fact, the wife repeated that statement 3 different times.

goofyfan13

Sorry!

Wow, you really need to grow up. You need to realize how many people would dream for the opportunity to even be able to go to WDW. I understand you may feel dissapointed that you didn't win anything, but like others have said, it's a contest, entirely random. Do you think your entitled to winning the lottery because you spent a couple bucks on a ticket?

Just take a couple seconds and listen to what your saying, Disney is not entitled to give you anything. The only thing your entitled to by going to Disney is (a) a bed if your paying for a hotel room, and (b) admission to the parks if you bought a ticket. Thats it, end of story.

v_misses_epcot, sorry to hear that people are treating you all like this, but really, what else did you expect. I mean people complain about the smallest things these days. I hope the upcoming days are better for you and your fellow dream squad members, if I see you guys I'll give a, "keep up the good work" or something, but in todays day and age, everyone thinks their entitled to everything, so don't expect it to get much better.

Regarding Pixie Dust Pins....all Cast Members get to take part in these, not just the Dream Squad. So if you want one, you have the option of pestering every single other CM. Not that that'll get you one, but still...

metscool

Regarding Pixie Dust Pins....all Cast Members get to take part in these, not just the Dream Squad. So if you want one, you have the option of pestering every single other CM. Not that that'll get you one, but still...
I saw some CMs do it on some rides today at MGM. At the GMR they picked these kids and they helped show the guest the way to the exit. The kid I saw was wearing the costume that the CM at the soundstage wear. It was the same when I went on ToT after I went on GMR.

Baums101

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT??!!

Wow so people really do know about this celebration. I thought it was quiet.

metscool

Wow so people really do know about this celebration. I thought it was quiet.
I saw these people wearing a shirt today over at MGM and they had on the front Year of a Million Dreams and on the back of the shirt it said Pick me. I started laughing all the way to the entence of the GMR. They were walking to the ToT RnRc area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom