Just made Le Cellier Cheddar Soup

Sweet Melissa

I've made the recipe from the Cooking with Mickey book before. Call me crazy, but I think it actually tastes a little better than Le Cellier's. Maybe that's because you can control how much salt you put in when you make it yourself.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I've made the recipe for the soup too. I always put a little more beer, bacon and cheese in the soup than it calls for. I like mine better than the actual restaurant.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
Pics or it didn't happen.

Oh...it happened!

12+-+1

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Its from the Disney Chef Mickey Treasures Cookbook. But its actually in all 3 of them that I have. Its also posted under the recipe index I think. If you can't find it, I can type it out for you. :)

DisneyDebNJ

I've made the recipe from the Cooking with Mickey book before. Call me crazy, but I think it actually tastes a little better than Le Cellier's. Maybe that's because you can control how much salt you put in when you make it yourself.
Have to agree Melissa, the one I made was a tiny bit thicker than Le Cellier's which we loved! But it sure pairs well with italian bread on a cold night :)

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I will add - i did use an immersion blend to blend it even though the recipe didn't call for that.

Jo DeVil

I have a great belief that you can't knock something until you have tried it! Back in 2007 our first visit to Le Cellier I tried the Cheese soup I tried to finish it but couldn't, even with the wonderful pretzel bread. Every year since I have said it might have been a bad batch, so many people love it I might try it again, but I have not be able to bring myself to order it. I guess I'm in the minority but Cheese should not be in a soup it's just so wrong! Even now just the thought of it make me shudder!
IT'S WRONG JUST SO WRONG!!!
TTFN Jo

Phonedave

I have a great belief that you can't knock something until you have tried it! Back in 2007 our first visit to Le Cellier I tried the Cheese soup I tried to finish it but couldn't, even with the wonderful pretzel bread. Every year since I have said it might have been a bad batch, so many people love it I might try it again, but I have not be able to bring myself to order it. I guess I'm in the minority but Cheese should not be in a soup it's just so wrong! Even now just the thought of it make me shudder!
IT'S WRONG JUST SO WRONG!!!
TTFN Jo

I like it, but I don't find it to be then end all / be all of soup. It is a very heavy, rich soup.

Now that you mention it, it is, to me, the same as the Alfredo at the original restaruant in Itlay. It was so rich and heavy (basicly just cheese and butter) that it was not somthing that I wanted to sit down to a meal of. A small dish, yes, but not a meal.

-dave

Mrs.Toad

I could be wrong, but I believe they use diamond cheddar, and I need to get my hands on it. :cool: I tried it with a white cheddar called Dubliner. It is delicious. I use liberal amounts of white pepper. I make sure the bacon bits are well done or I had a slightly greasy batch of soup once even when used as a garnish. My next experiment is throwing in a bay leaf, because bay leaf makes everything taste good. I have to try the specific Disney recipe.

Also, Dubliner cheddar is killer on cheeseburgers and mac and cheese. It has this rich, tangy kick that is awesome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom