Just joined DVC any Suggestions ??

hnp929@optonlin

Original Poster
I just became a DVC member .I am trying to figure out if the AP and DDE are the way to go or the magic your way w/ dinning:shrug:.We are going from 10-31 to 11-06.any other tips to save some money would be greatly appreciated . I used to go to WDW once a year ,now we have 3 trips planned in the next 12 months.

DVC Dave

Welcome Home!

Wow three trips this year?!! Then I would say definatly go with the AP!

I have been a member since 2003...only been back 3 times Can only go about once ever other year...but we go for 14 days.

totallyminnie

Yes. You can definitely do the DDP and have Annual Passes. I too had read that recent thread where someone was forced to buy at least one day's of Magic Your Way pass to get the DDP. However, that does not hold true for DVC members, per the CMs at DVC. DVC members purchase and pay for the DDP separately and not part of any Magic Your Way package as do non-DVC vacationers and that is why we do not have to buy any park tickets to get the plan. I just got back from my Sept 07 trip doing this with absolutely no problem. Have fun!!!

GrowingUpDisney

I just became a DVC member .I am trying to figure out if the AP and DDE are the way to go or the magic your way w/ dinning:shrug:.We are going from 10-31 to 11-06.any other tips to save some money would be greatly appreciated . I used to go to WDW once a year ,now we have 3 trips planned in the next 12 months.

We have been DVC members since 1998 and we have never done the DDP. When we figure out where we will eat on each trip and then compare the DDP to the DDE Card, we always come out cheaper with the card.

Also, if you are getting a 10 day no exp hopper then an AP is the better way to go.

I hope you have a GREAT trip!!

Niki

Phonedave

We have been DVC members since 1998 and we have never done the DDP. When we figure out where we will eat on each trip and then compare the DDP to the DDE Card, we always come out cheaper with the card.

Also, if you are getting a 10 day no exp hopper then an AP is the better way to go.

I hope you have a GREAT trip!!

Niki

Same with me. Never the DDP, allways the DDE. However you have to look at your eating prefrences. Take a look at what places offer a DDE discount. If those are the types of places you eat at, then the DDE is a good choice. If not so much, then do the plan.

-dave

TiggersGang

I think it all depends on if you like to eat alot (DDP) or if you like to drink alcohol (DDE). My husband & I did the DDP one year and it was so much food that by the end of the trip I couldn't eat anymore also we are drinkers and we had to pay for our drinks OOP. We became AP holders and got the DDE card, we went for a 10 day trip and saved about 150.00. We're not big breakfast eaters, we like a good size lunch and sometimes for dinner we sit at the bar somewhere and just have appetizers. It also depends on whether or not you have kids. My kids are grown, so it's only my husband & I. We come home 2 times a year so the AP is well worth it. We will be leaving Nov 24 for a 2 week trip, starting off at the Contemporary, Magic Kingdom Tower room and ending our trip at our home resort BCV. Can't wait!

MinnieLee

The way to go with that many trips is AP. You get $100 of the price as a DVC member. We looked into the Disney Dining Plan vs the Dining Experience card and for us the Dining Experience card was better suited for us. We go 9-10 days in October (my husband and I )and then try to get down after I have had enough with the cold weather. Dining Experience gives you 20% of at the restaurants with alcohol. AP also will get you discounts at restaurants and at the Disney store at Downtown - plus the AP gives you 50% off at mini-golf.

dizMOM

We are DVC members and have AP's, DDE card and have done the dining plan several times. It all works well together. A hint that we do to make the most of our points...book Sun - Thurs reservations. If you want the extra Sat. night, use the AP or AAA discount at a Value resort. By not booking Friday and Sat. nights you nearly have saved enough points to do another 5 night trip!
DVC members since 1999 and love it!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom