Just how bad will it be...

Rasstuss

The crowd levels the week between Christmas and New Years? We have been trying to find time to do another full week on property for a few years and between other things taking up our vacation days and the kids school schedule it just hasn't worked. It came up over the weekend that this could work with both of our work schedules. I have looked at the crowd calendars and of course just common sense would say that has to be the busiest week of the year. Would having 6 park days and not having to rush be enough to where we could enjoy it? Or will I be standing in a 2 hour que at some point questioning why we ever decided to do this?

nickys

Premium Member
The crowd levels the week between Christmas and New Years? We have been trying to find time to do another full week on property for a few years and between other things taking up our vacation days and the kids school schedule it just hasn't worked. It came up over the weekend that this could work with both of our work schedules. I have looked at the crowd calendars and of course just common sense would say that has to be the busiest week of the year. Would having 6 park days and not having to rush be enough to where we could enjoy it? Or will I be standing in a 2 hour que at some point questioning why we ever decided to do this?
We’ve been twice and love it. But we had 10-14 days, and still temper our expectations. We plan to enjoy the experience, Holidays around the World, resort hopping to see the displays (BC, YC, BW, WL, GF, AKL), as well as the rides.

Upvote 0

DisneyFanatic12

We go every year at that time and love it! You can experience many MVMCP festivities during that time at MK for no additional charge, and I’d definitely recommend checking out things like the stage show if it interests you (it’s super fun and is very rarely busy). The Christmas fireworks are busier than HEA, but depending on the day it’s pretty comparable.

Take this with a grain of salt, because it is still very busy that week, but it’s so much quieter that week than it ever used to be. Obviously, it’s very busy (especially compared to a random week in, say, September), but it’s nothing like it used to be.

As with visiting with all times of the year, decide which rides are must-do’s and what rides are skippable. Crowds fluctuate drastically, and being comfortable with going with the flow will make your vacation a lot more relaxing!

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

It will be crowded. But, it will also be fun! Set your expectations and try to enjoy the atmosphere instead of running from ride to ride. If the added cost isn’t prohibitive, Genie+ can help you get on some must-do rides. We’ll be there 12/28-1/3. It’ll be our second or third trip in that timeframe, and we’ve had a great time the other trips.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Busier than ordinary weeks due to carry over guests from Christmas and new guest arrivals coming in for NYE festivities. Plan, plan, plan and have patience. The favorable probability is that numbers have decreased from years past but dont count on a non crowded park. The closer to NYE the busier it will get.

Upvote 0

Rasstuss

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the advice, it was reassuring that we could still enjoy things in that time frame. We officially booked today and bumped it out to 7 nights, arriving Christmas day and Leaving New Year's day.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom