Just how bad are the crowds is June?

BionicLegs

Just how bad are the crowds in June?

Hey everyone. Last summer I was at a family gathering and my cousins and I thought it would be a cool idea if we planned a vacation for all of us, without our parents, sort of a New-Gen family reunion. I immediately suggested WDW as the destination since some of my cousins had never been, and I hadn't been there for years and was itching to go back. we were hoping to go in 2011, in September when it's less crowded, but a few of my cousins will still be in school and are either unable or unwilling to go in September. That leaves June as the soonest all of us are free again. I know it tends to be busier in June what with summer vacation and all, but is it busy enough to be frustrating? Should we just hold off another year when everyone can go in September? Any advice is appreciated.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
We have gone I June last two trips. We go the first two weeks. The first week is not too bad, but as schools let out across the country, crowds pick up.

Upvote 0

sorcerergoofy

The crowds are never frustrating at Disney, it just depends on whether or not you mind waiting close to an hour for most of the big rides. As long as you utilize fast passes lines shouldn't be much of an issue, though.

If you can only go in June, and you want to avoid larger crowds, the first weeks is your best bet. I'll be going back this June 4 to the 11.

Upvote 0
Being a teacher, our two options are spring break and summer. By summer it has to be June. I coach cross country and July and August are no gos. June is fine. Spring break is awful. The key is getting up early and staying late, while vacating in the afternoon. If you are not willing to get to MK by 7 or go to EC and run to Soarin as soon as it opens, do the September thing. I love June, more workers, interns, etc. Everything is riding to full capacity, its fine I think.

Upvote 0

TheAmazingBobbo

I've been to the world twice in June, June 7-10, 2007 and June 23-26, 2008. The dates later in the month were WAY more crowded. Early June is definitely manageable, but the end of June was pretty packed, not to say don't go at the end of June though. In fact, I'm possibly going to play a couple days at the end of June even, despite what I just said.

Upvote 0

zweltar

To echo what has already been said, early- to mid-June isn't too bad. You can definitely notice the crowds grow as the days go by, though.

Upvote 0

willsdad01

Re: Just how bad are the crowds in June?

My family and I normally go in October around fall break for the schools. We have enjoyed light crowds and relatively short waits. Last summer, we went from June 6-13 for my son's b-day. A friend has never had much of a wait time in early June. It's all relative. It was hot and very crowded even on EMH evenings. ADR definitely. Example of wait times- RNR roller coaster 75-120 minutes. Thunder Mtn-70 min. Splash Mtn-90+ minutes. Soarin 150+minutes. As you can see, these are long wait times. Granted, Space Mountain was closed, but we found the waits very long. I suggest touring plans, fast passes, and early park arrivals as these times were from 11am - 7pm. My kids had fun, but when you typically ride one ride several times throughout the vacation, it was a bit frustrating. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

PalisadesPkteer

Hey Master Yoda,

I have been thinking of June 3 to June 8 2010 for a mini vacation so I could catch summer nightastic. Do you feel it will be busier than normally because of this being the start of this event.

How much more crowded is it compared to mid May to week before memorial day which I did last year and could see the # of people increasing the closer it got to memorial day.

Feel May to be a moderate month as far as crowds go. Am I wrong in that assumption?

Upvote 0

micknminnie

We are going on our first June trip this summer. We usually go the last week of August/first week of September leading up to Labor Day. Reading these posts makes me a little nervous as there are minimal crowds that first week of September.

Upvote 0

SAV

We have been in June the last 2 trips and are going again this June. It's crowded, but nothing like the July trip we did. There weren't many if any of the Brazilian tour groups. Yes, it is hot, but it's Florida...what do you expect? As others have said, later in the month is more crowded.

Use touring plans and go with the expectations that there will be others in the parks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom