Just got back

Disneycoog

Original Poster
from a wonderful trip to Disney. Got there on the 17th and went to Magic Kingdom on the 18th all day and then attended the Mickey Very Merry Chritmas Party. I was was a perfecty day. Lines were no longer than 20 minutes on any ride I was able to use my fast passes during the party, but they were not really needed. If you have not attended this event it is a must for you to do so next year. WDW really did a nice job. The castle was absolutely beautiful. Crowds did get bigger as the week went on and Saturday night line waits were nuch longer. Other than that it was a nice week.

Now my two complaints and maybe someone could hepl direct me who to contact.
1. We were on the dining plan and I have two small children. I love the dining plan but at the resorts they limit them to such a poor choice of food. My kids love hot dogs and Pizza and they are not a choice for them and they made me use an adult service on them. I would love to make a suggestion abot childrens food choices.

2. This is a sore subject, but it really got my gopat this week. The wheelchairs and EVC. I understand the fact that some people need to use them. In my eyes there looks to be some abuse, but I could be wrong. Myh problem is the bus line on the way back to the resorts. One time we were in line for well onver 30 minutes when the bus arrived. Just before it arrived a wheel chair rolled up to the front with 12 people. The wheel chair took up 3 spots ina ll they took up 15 spots and people had to wait for another bus. My look on this subject seems simple. That the wheelchair person and one other should be allowed on the bus while the others should wait in line. WHat are your thougths?

Those are minor complaints. Overall it waas a wonderful trip and cannot wait to return in March.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Just before it arrived a wheel chair rolled up to the front with 12 people. The wheel chair took up 3 spots ina ll they took up 15 spots and people had to wait for another bus. My look on this subject seems simple. That the wheelchair person and one other should be allowed on the bus while the others should wait in line. WHat are your thoughts?

I'm totally with you on this one - this just promotes wheel chair abuse - no more standing in line for us !!! The alternative solution is (if they all want to travel back together) make the wheelchair user join the ordinary line

rcapolete

i personally feel that the rest of the party should have to wait on line. When it is obvious that the whole part is going to get on the next bus then the wheelchair should be loaded on. This way the wait is the same for everyone. I

hpyhnt 1000

Yeah, that really is wheel chair abuse. Just because you're in a wheel chair or EVC doesn't mean you go front of the line everywhere. Everyone, including the person in the wheel chair, should have to wait in line just like everyone else.

Tiggerfanatic

We had sort of the same thing happen to us one morning. We were going to MGM, and had stopped at the Wilderness Lodge to pick up their passengers. There were probably 25-30 people waiting for the bus, along with one person in an EVC. By the time the driver had it loaded, another rolled up, right around everyone who had been standing already waiting, and he was loaded, too. 3 more seats were lost, and by the time both parties with the EVC's were let on, everyone one else had to wait for the next bus.

And in the parks, they seem to travel in packs, 3 and 4 wide, with a couple of kids hanging off the sides. Makes it hard to get around......

DisneyMusician2

Honestly, I am not even sure why wheelchair guests get to cut a bus line! The holding areas are easily wide enough for most chairs, and certainly the entire party should not have the ability to jump ahead of the rest of the guests.

If wheelchair guests can jump the bus line, at least set some sort of limit on the guests they can take with them. Give the rest of us a fighting chance :)

snowdog63

from a wonderful trip to Disney. Got there on the 17th and went to Magic Kingdom on the 18th all day and then attended the Mickey Very Merry Chritmas Party. I was was a perfecty day. Lines were no longer than 20 minutes on any ride I was able to use my fast passes during the party, but they were not really needed. If you have not attended this event it is a must for you to do so next year. WDW really did a nice job. The castle was absolutely beautiful. Crowds did get bigger as the week went on and Saturday night line waits were nuch longer. Other than that it was a nice week.

Now my two complaints and maybe someone could hepl direct me who to contact.
1. We were on the dining plan and I have two small children. I love the dining plan but at the resorts they limit them to such a poor choice of food. My kids love hot dogs and Pizza and they are not a choice for them and they made me use an adult service on them. I would love to make a suggestion abot childrens food choices.

2. This is a sore subject, but it really got my gopat this week. The wheelchairs and EVC. I understand the fact that some people need to use them. In my eyes there looks to be some abuse, but I could be wrong. Myh problem is the bus line on the way back to the resorts. One time we were in line for well onver 30 minutes when the bus arrived. Just before it arrived a wheel chair rolled up to the front with 12 people. The wheel chair took up 3 spots ina ll they took up 15 spots and people had to wait for another bus. My look on this subject seems simple. That the wheelchair person and one other should be allowed on the bus while the others should wait in line. WHat are your thougths?

Those are minor complaints. Overall it waas a wonderful trip and cannot wait to return in March.
I saw the same thing this wkd. They may need to revamp their bus system/schedule a bit. Make special buses that can be used for only wheelchairs. The bus services needs to be looked at as well.Sometimes the drivers took different routes to and from WL or other places we went.It's been like that the past couple of times we've been there. At one point there was a Cast member at the bustop trying to get more buses to AK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom