Just got back Jan 3rd not very happy

Ok so I went down this weekend to visit my daughter that is in the DCP program. We went O'hanas Friday night and had a nice dinner only problem was when we checked in place was packed on outside but when we were seated I counted 12 empty tables, not to be cleaned but empty and ready for guest. Got up Saturday and had breakfast at Kona's and it was great, just a note if you don't use your TOW for free valet parking you are crazy. After breakfast went to cast connection which was great and then headed to EPCOT. When we got there we were greeted buy the singing of 4 Argentinian tour groups at the entrance.Went to test track liked the ride hated the preshow. Headed to world show case to see the new French bakery, my heart fell to the floor not only did they mange to take the best part of shop away, its soul. I was so disappointed in the new place, I almost didn't wont to wait in the line to get my favorite dessert. After a 15 minute wait I got to the pastry window only to realize they had changed the napoleon ughhhhh. I believe in change, but cant Disney make a larger shop that fills like a true French café instead of a cafeteria. Crowds were light and overall had a great visit. Be back down in two weeks, cant wait.

pcarathers

I agree. I did not like the new France area at all. Nothing "French" about it to me. seemed very "industrial" to me, not inviting. We did not like the "pre-ride" of Test track either. It seems that this is entirely why the wait time gets longer and longer. it really seemed to waste time standing in line because even when we finished "designing" our vehicles, we still had to stand in a longer line....i still like the older version better, but then again, I don't particularly care for TRON anyway....

RonAnnArbor

Actually, the bakery has been getting overall good reviews...as a frequent Parisian visitor, I wouldn't even come close to saying its anything like what you would find in a real French bakery ---BUT, its apparently the type of baked goods DISNEY fans want in the French bakery there....perhaps people will recall a time that Chefs de France did away with the croque monsieur, only to have it back on the menu within a month...
I also disagree on Test Track -- I adore the new preshow and the new themeing...its more inline with what real test tracks are...the old attraction was showing technology that was used in the 70's and early 80's and not in use the last 25 years in Detroit...and I loved the integration of the video directly into the displays on the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom