Just engaged at the World- questions about Disney wedding

KJ1081

Original Poster
Hello all! My now fiancé proposed on our trip to the World last week and we're really hoping for a Disney wedding. We both really want it on the swan boat landing, since he proposed in front of the castle during EMH, but its insanely expensive. After looking over the various packages, it seems that a Disney cruise wedding would be the most affordable option. Has anyone done this? Any recommendations on the time of year to do it? Also, has anyone done the Escape package? I read on mouseweddings.com that the Escape package is very pre-set, as Disney makes most of the decisions, whereas you get more bang for your buck on the cruise line. Was the Escape package worth it or is the cruise line a better option? Thanks everyone- I'll take any advice I can get!

DisGal

First off congratulations!!!

I was married last Nov in WDW and we had the escape package. Our location was Sunset Pointe at the Poly (14 people total) and we absolutely loved it! The escape package was perfect for us and we didn't think it was pre-set. There were definitely different options to choose from (such as flowers, cake, decorations, etc.) and you can add anything you want to the package (we added wedding favors and additional flowers). We wanted a small, intimate, casual yet elegant wedding and we got it. Included in the package was the ceremony site, your bouquet, his boutonniere, 2 tier wedding cake, bottle of champagne for toast, 2 annual passes (which allowed us to get the TIW card and get 20% off food), a violinist, a photographer (includes 25 pictures of your choice), limousine for 4 hours (perfect to pick up guests and/or to go to locations for pictures), and a wedding website. After the ceremony we had a really fun dinner at 'Ohana and ended the night with a Wishes Cruise on 2 pontoon boats.

tiaragirl

Congrats! =)

I can't help with the wedding-y parts, but I just got back from a cruise and it was AMAZING. What a beautiful location/vacation it would be for you. I'd definitely consider it!

DizneyPryncess

Hello all! My now fiancé proposed on our trip to the World last week and we're really hoping for a Disney wedding. We both really want it on the swan boat landing, since he proposed in front of the castle during EMH, but its insanely expensive. After looking over the various packages, it seems that a Disney cruise wedding would be the most affordable option. Has anyone done this? Any recommendations on the time of year to do it? Also, has anyone done the Escape package? I read on mouseweddings.com that the Escape package is very pre-set, as Disney makes most of the decisions, whereas you get more bang for your buck on the cruise line. Was the Escape package worth it or is the cruise line a better option? Thanks everyone- I'll take any advice I can get!

Congratulations to you!! Sounds like a beautiful way to get engaged! Also, DisGal - gorgeous pictures!

I can't be of much help on weddings taking place in WDW. I had an 'at-home' Disney wedding, which Disney wedding planners helped me do. All I can say is that they are absolutely wonderful and will make sure your day is perfect!!

KJ1081

Original Poster
Thank you all and beautiful pictures Disgal! Your wedding was absolutely beautiful! Thanks for the advice and links!

pinkmiss3

First off congratulations!!!

I was married last Nov in WDW and we had the escape package. Our location was Sunset Pointe at the Poly (14 people total) and we absolutely loved it! The escape package was perfect for us and we didn't think it was pre-set. There were definitely different options to choose from (such as flowers, cake, decorations, etc.) and you can add anything you want to the package (we added wedding favors and additional flowers). We wanted a small, intimate, casual yet elegant wedding and we got it. Included in the package was the ceremony site, your bouquet, his boutonniere, 2 tier wedding cake, bottle of champagne for toast, 2 annual passes (which allowed us to get the TIW card and get 20% off food), a violinist, a photographer (includes 25 pictures of your choice), limousine for 4 hours (perfect to pick up guests and/or to go to locations for pictures), and a wedding website. After the ceremony we had a really fun dinner at 'Ohana and ended the night with a Wishes Cruise on 2 pontoon boats.

I just got engaged at Disney World on June 7, 2010! My boyfriend proposed during lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table. We started talking about a Disney Wedding and I don't mean to copy yours but everything that you had seems to be exactly what we want. :animwink: It all sounds sooooo perfect! I hope that you don't mind me asking but I would like to know more or less what the cost was for your wedding. We are in the process of trying to figure out what a reasonable budget would be. Thank you so much!

DisGal

I just got engaged at Disney World on June 7, 2010! My boyfriend proposed during lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table. We started talking about a Disney Wedding and I don't mean to copy yours but everything that you had seems to be exactly what we want. :animwink: It all sounds sooooo perfect! I hope that you don't mind me asking but I would like to know more or less what the cost was for your wedding. We are in the process of trying to figure out what a reasonable budget would be. Thank you so much!

The escape wedding package is around $4,700 - that includes everything I mentioned (except for dinner and the 2 pontoon boats for the wishes cruise). We added additional flowers, champagne, chocolate favors, and in room gift baskets (which included a disney gift card, towel, and mickey rice crispie treats) - all of these as well as dinner and the cruise put the total around $7,000. This total does not include the cost of the hotel (I think you have to stay in a Disney hotel a minimum of 3-4 nights for the escape package). So you can keep it as is and spend only $4,700 or you can go a bit higher with enhancements. All in all my husband and I thought it was a great deal and we (and our guests) had an absolute blast.

experiment624

That's wonderful! Congratulations.

I just wanted to mention that if you choose to have your wedding at WDW or on a cruise, Florida hurricane season runs June 1 through November 30. Prices at Disney resorts drop in August and spike in October. Also, Disney doesn't really do the " preset" thing. They own the Disney Difference quality, which means, if you decide to do the Escape package, rest assured, it will be all about you. The package basically denotes price for certain items, all customizeable, and you will get the extra special touches no matter what. That's what Disney is about, making dreams come true, as I am sure your very fortunate fiance' knows.

Best Wishes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom