just called 10 minutes ago and booked for this weekend!

WhatJaneSays

I bet they have been getting a lot of cancellations due to people not being able/wanting to travel.

I was considering trying for a quick "power trip" with the girls next weekend. In years past the "cancellation storm" as my mom calls it can last a good last two weeks after the event that caused it. Last time I made quick trip after a hurricane we called on the way up about an hour before we arrived and got two rooms for $65 a night w/taxes and everything. I was such a nice trip, so quite and relaxing.

Ah, dang, now I wanna go even more. :hammer:

Upvote 0

tecowdw

I checked for availability for Thanksgiving weekend just this week and there was lots of availability at the Wilderness Lodge. Nearly every room category was available. In years past, this has not been the case this close.

The effects of a down economy reaches nearly every industry sooner or later. Maybe it's starting to impact Disney World.

Upvote 0

bali

I checked for availability for Thanksgiving weekend just this week and there was lots of availability at the Wilderness Lodge. Nearly every room category was available.

Seriously??? I tried to get a booking in early December (a week or so ago) and it was completely booked up! NO discounts, no nothing! I'm a-goin' to call again!! :lol:

Upvote 0

tink68

Wow. Have fun. :wave:I wish I was able to go that quick.
Has any one ever had any luck switching resorts at the 45 day mark? We are at the Contemporary in October but want to be at Poly or GF but no such luck so far. 45 day is Sunday and I am just wondering if I should keep trying? Thanks for any help.

Upvote 0

tink68

Thanks. I am not giving up yet. I am trying to please the others going on this trip but I personally do not care. I will be at DW with our first time at a monorail resort for 5 days. What could be better. :wave:

Upvote 0

smk

:lookaroun I know there have been plenty of threads about how the crowds are the same as last year and all but I was there a few years ago (maybe three) during the days before hurricane Frances and we tried to get a room at the last minute and we could not. So it is the economy, it is the gas prices and alittle bit of schools being back in session. I know there are doubters who think everything is fine in the world but I am here to tell you that it is not fine out there and people (just average, every day working class people like me) do not have anything extra to throw at a vacation right now. So for those who can go on a whim good for you, but I hope that next year the empty rooms are few and far between again because that would mean things are better overall, for everyone. Please, no slamming, this is strictly my opinion. To the OP, have a great weekend and take an umbrella in case Fay makes a repeat trip too. :wave:

Upvote 0

Patsfan28

Original Poster
That is awesome!! We will see you there!!:sohappy:We are staying at ASMu.

But good...I hope it is not crowded!!:)

I was at ASM :). Had a good time. Rained off and on but nothing that killed the trip. Afterall it was a last second weekend trip. Counting down the days till we are back at the World in September!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom