Just booked very first Solo Trip!! Need some advice

Tinkerbella16

I am so so so excited as I have I just booked my very first solo trip to WDW! This is very special for me because I haven't been "home" in almost 4 years and I used to go once a year since I was 6 years old. I have always wanted to take a solo trip but never actually did it. I am staying at POFQ from September 23-28 on the DDP w/ 6 day hopper tix. Some of my trip I will not be solo, because my good friend from work will be down the same exact dates and I'll be dining with his family for 2 of my meals.

Just wanted to get some imput from anyone who has gone to the world solo. I know this is going to be one of my favorite trips since I will be able to do what I want, when I want and I don't have to wait around for anyone.

I will be doing 2 of my meals solo though and this is where I get a little confused.. what are some restaurants I'd feel more comfortable dining alone? I actually already have Kona set in stone because its my favorite and its tradition to eat there every trip. I need help on the 2nd meal. I will be doing the Hoop Dee Doo Revue and Teppan Edo with my friend.

Thanks all! I cannot wait!!!!!!! :D

Tinkerbella16

Original Poster
I'm flying into Columbia SC on April 30 to meet my youngest (19)...she's a freshman at Univ South Carolina....to help her get her stuff into storage. Her last final is Wed, May 2 at 9am. Immediately following (around 10), we're jumping into her car and heading for WDW for a 6 night stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani Village (savanna view...yay). She hasn't been on any Disney family trips for 3 years (she was very busy with school), so this will be her first visit since 2009. We both love the parks, whereas my wife and older daughter (22), like to hang at the pool. They like the parks too, just not like we do. Following our 6 nights, we'll be making the long drive back to Maine (1452 miles from Disney to Saco, Maine). We'll all be back in late November, early December for a week during the taping of the Christmas parade. Last year, 3 of us made our very first trip during the Christmas season and saw lots of the taping in front of the castle (Jen Hudson, Ceelo Green and Justin Bieber). Had so much fun, we're going back this year. I might also get in a solo trip for the Epcot 30th Anniversary on Oct 1. WDW Celebrations is hosting another 4 day event, much like the MK 40th event last October. Met lots of great people at that gathering (there were close to 250 people registered). Kevin Yee also has a weekly meet (anywhere from a dozen up to 40 people each week), celebrating Epcots 30th. He also did 40 weeks of meets last year celebrating the MK's 40th (that's where I met them all). I keep in constant contact with this group of people. They meet every Sunday in the hall behind Club Cool (at 2pm) and visit one of 30 different attractions at Epcot, leading up to the final meet on Epcot's Anniversary in October. WDW Celebrations can be found online and Kevin Yee has a FaceBook group you could join. There are lots of other groups to connect with too! That's what's great about the WDW fan community, there are lots of people just like us, crazy about Disney...and just like the Disney CM's, they welcome you with open arms.

That sounds awesome! I hope you have a wonderful trip with your daughter! I am going to look into this group!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom