Trip Report Just back from a wonderfully great but horrible trip to WDW.....

INTRO: - My wife and I just got back from a wonderfully great but also horrible trip to WDW. We have loads of fun, met many wonderful cast members ate LOTs of great food and found you can still manage to have a great trip when the parks are most crowded.

The down side had to do with our drive down from North Carolina, the state of the parks, my experience with Rise of the Resistance and how our resort initially dealt with a problem with our room.

I took some pictures not as many as I usually do so there will be some once I get them edited and ready to post.

We started our drove down from the Raleigh North Carolina are on December 22nd with hopes of a smooth ride to Orlando. The ride was anything but smooth.

John park hopper

Great pictures and trip report. I have been going to WDW since it opened and the trash and condition of the parks I will agree has declined over the years. When once the parks were spotless --no more. Disney there is no excuse other than you are not hiring sufficient staff too keep up with the volume of people and the mess they make. Lack of money I think not

meggo819

I dont understand why they could not stagger the release of boarding groups. Do an initial release at park opening, then two hours before they are due to be complete release another set and so on through out the day. That way people could get a fair chance at getting one and would not have to get up at the crack of dawn and suffer for an hour or two just to experience the ride. Its a great ride but not that great.

I would have to think that many people would disagree with you on this. If the groups were staggered, it would be incredibly unfair to people who made the effort to get there early, but then didn't make the cut for the first round of boarding groups. They’d be forced to stick around and hope to make it into the next release of groups, but their odds would be even worse than before! At least as it is now, if you don’t get your boarding group early, you know it right away and can choose to cut your losses and go back to bed if you want. And if anyone doesn’t think it’s worth it to get up early to get a boarding group, they can just skip the ride for now. The hype has to die down eventually, right? 🤷‍♀️😂

If any change was made, I feel like the most fair thing would be to give it FP+ and let it work like Flight of Passage. If you don’t get a FP ahead of time, you’re free to wait in a ridiculous line or you’re free to skip it.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I respect your observations about the state of the parks and Rise of the Resistance Boarding Groups.

Many have noticed a decline on the efforts to keep the parks clean. This shouldn't happen and needs to be addressed.
About the Rise of the Resistance Boarding Groups system, I'm with you. The system is less than ideal in my opinion. For now (and for many), this seems to be the best option Disney could come up with to manage crowds for this ride. 🤷‍♀️

I'm glad that all and all, you were able to enjoy your time, and are planning on going back. Thank you for sharing your trip and opinions. :)

PeoplemoverTTA

We were supposed to go to MVMCP on day we arrived but since we got held up in traffic we missed it. It was also the last one of the season so there was not another opportunity to go while we were there. As for all the other things you mentioned we skipped those in favor of having some down time during the trip. As for food, we ate and ate and ate and were sick of eating by the time we went home. LOL....

We went to the MVMCP on 12/22 and if it makes you feel better, it was a total rainout. Daytime cleared up decently and maybe had a light sprinkle, but it was a downpour the entire night. We are not wimps (it rained our wedding night at Epcot for our Illumjnations dessert party “reception” and we all threw on ponchos like it was nothing!) but I left with my 2-year old because it was rainy and cold, and my husband and son rode Speedway and Space Mountain and gave up too. I know it’s still disappointing for you, but try not to feel too badly about it - it was not a great night!

Yelloweaver

INTRO: - My wife and I just got back from a wonderfully great but also horrible trip to WDW. We have loads of fun, met many wonderful cast members ate LOTs of great food and found you can still manage to have a great trip when the parks are most crowded.

The down side had to do with our drive down from North Carolina, the state of the parks, my experience with Rise of the Resistance and how our resort initially dealt with a problem with our room.

I took some pictures not as many as I usually do so there will be some once I get them edited and ready to post.

We started our drove down from the Raleigh North Carolina are on December 22nd with hopes of a smooth ride to Orlando. The ride was anything but smooth.

Another Raleigh (well Apex) person here to join in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom