Just Arrived at Saratoga Springs! 75th trip!

SMRT-1Michael

Original Poster
Well we just got here at about noon and our room was ready. We ended up requesting the Springs and got it. We have a one bdrm and just great to be back!

slappy magoo

Well we just got here at about noon and our room was ready. We ended up requesting the Springs and got it. We have a one bdrm and just great to be back!

OOooooooh, I heard that place is a pit! :lookaroun

j/k I really like it there. Food for thought (literally), since the Artists' Palette is often so busy in the morning, we would often go to Wolfgang Puck Express for breakfast. There are two locations - one on the Marketplace side, one on the West Side - ONLY the Marketplace side is open for breakfast. I would usually get one of the breakfast pita pockets (served in Puck's "famous" pizza dough), and my wife loves the corn flake french toast. Granted, we were in Congress Park, so it was easier to walk there. But after seeing the crowds for breakfast at AP, I think we saved more time going all the way over to WPX to eat (and breakfast was way better too, I promise you; we HAVE had breakfast at AP, just not often).

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing WPX has going for it - you can call ahead to place order for pickup/takeout. Did this once for dinner and once for breakfast our last trip. Only inconvenience was walking back with fountain beverages, next time I'll either forgo soda there or see if I can get something to make transporting them easier.

Goofy10

We checked in March 28th, used the online check in process that really speeded up the whole check in.Room was ready and got a DTD view in Congress Park as requested
Try the Turf Club for dining - food great :sohappy: :wave:

Phonedave

OOooooooh, I heard that place is a pit! :lookaroun

j/k I really like it there. Food for thought (literally), since the Artists' Palette is often so busy in the morning, we would often go to Wolfgang Puck Express for breakfast. There are two locations - one on the Marketplace side, one on the West Side - ONLY the Marketplace side is open for breakfast. I would usually get one of the breakfast pita pockets (served in Puck's "famous" pizza dough), and my wife loves the corn flake french toast. Granted, we were in Congress Park, so it was easier to walk there. But after seeing the crowds for breakfast at AP, I think we saved more time going all the way over to WPX to eat (and breakfast was way better too, I promise you; we HAVE had breakfast at AP, just not often).

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing WPX has going for it - you can call ahead to place order for pickup/takeout. Did this once for dinner and once for breakfast our last trip. Only inconvenience was walking back with fountain beverages, next time I'll either forgo soda there or see if I can get something to make transporting them easier.

Mornings at SSR got a whole lot easier once I stopped eating breakfast.

I get coffee at whatever park I am heading to.

Caloric intake commences post noon :)

-dave

slappy magoo

Mornings at SSR got a whole lot easier once I stopped eating breakfast.

I get coffee at whatever park I am heading to.

Caloric intake commences post noon :)

-dave

I just love breakfast foods too much. Having eggwhite omelettes for lunch or dinner is a regular thing for me. I'd rather skip or have a light lunch.

pacochran

Wow unbelievable 75th trip.

How do you find Saratoga, I've heard many poor things about it, would be interested in your opinion?

SMRT-1Michael

Original Poster
To everbody who replied:

Hi everybody and thanks for the comments! Yes, it was my 75th trip to Walt Disney World. I live in Florida 2 hrs by car, so getting there is easy. We stayed at Saratoga using our developer points for Bay Lake Tower in addition to already being members at BoardWalk. Saratoga was GREAT! Everything was very nice and clean, cast members were friendly, and our room was great! We requested the Springs and recieved it. We were on the 3rd floor in a one bedroom villa, room 3745, overlooking the water. The room was clean the moment we walked in, there was even a mickey-folded towel on the coffee table. We were there for 5 amazing nights, and are returning in June (SSR), August (SSR), and Thanksgiving week (BLT). Although Saratoga would not ordinarily be my first choice, it was very nice, and had a lot of fun. One thing I found a bit annooying was the size of the Artists Palette, and I didnt like the food court, and gift shop combination. We'll be back 2 more times and then Bay Lake Tower on Thanksgiving.

dizzney

Wow 75 trips, can't do that myself since being in New York, its too far, though we do get in two disney trips a year either by driving or flying.

As for SSR, we did not like the outside corridors, it was more like a mtoel than a DVC and the food court (too small), maybe i'm just too used to BWV, but we've stayed at BCV, WLV, OKW, and VB. SSR wasnt as special. Sorry........

DonMuppetFan83

Congrats on the 75th trip disneymike93!!!. My girlfriend and I took our first trip together in Feb to SSR. We overall really liked the layout of the rooms inside and out, the theming was very nice. I agree with you about the gift shop/food combo, little weird, annoying, and crowded. But congrats. Once I pay off my BLT I may buy a second one lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom