Just a question- crowd levels/special offers

hartj5

Just wondering: I keep reading posts about the crowd levels between Easter and through end of April. Between Easter, Spring Break and cheerleading competitions it sounds like Disney won't be hurting for any business (not that they ever are). I also hear many hotels are booked solid. Yet, I keep seeing the offers for the free park hopper (or whatever it is) from end of March through sometime in May. Wouldn't it be better to offer a special during a less busy time? I'm assuming a lot of people aren't able to take advantage of this because the hotels are so booked. I just wondered why this time of year was picked for the special. I'm not upset, just confused. :veryconfu

mousebymarriage

I think Disney still makes the offer to entice people to the parks that would normally stay off-site (even if the off-site hotel is cheaper the saving on free ticket up grades may make it worth while to stay at a Disney resort, that way Disney gets your money for hotel and the food that you would normally eat outside the parks).
Plus, most of the resorts that book up during spring break are value resorts because that's where all the cheer/dance competition or other large school/organization groups stay and that is a huge amount of rooms. I think Disney feels that maybe people will upgrade to a moderate when the values are sold-out instead of not going at all if they are getting a free ticket upgrade(this way the rooms may cost a bit more but, hey the ticket upgrade was free).

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

Just wondering: I keep reading posts about the crowd levels between Easter and through end of April. Between Easter, Spring Break and cheerleading competitions it sounds like Disney won't be hurting for any business (not that they ever are). I also hear many hotels are booked solid. Yet, I keep seeing the offers for the free park hopper (or whatever it is) from end of March through sometime in May. Wouldn't it be better to offer a special during a less busy time? I'm assuming a lot of people aren't able to take advantage of this because the hotels are so booked. I just wondered why this time of year was picked for the special. I'm not upset, just confused. :veryconfu

Plus Easter is early this year, March 23rd, and the free ticket upgrade promo begins on March 30th. Also most spring breaks are over by then. :shrug:

Upvote 0

hartj5

Original Poster
Plus Easter is early this year, March 23rd, and the free ticket upgrade promo begins on March 30th. Also most spring breaks are over by then. :shrug:

No, actually a lot of the schools on the East Coast have their Spring Break in April. Unfortunately I didn't know that when I planned my trip. I thought most schools had break around the Easter holiday. But again, the predicted crowd levels for touring plans still aren't too bad. They're definately not as bad as during the summer months.

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

No, actually a lot of the schools on the East Coast have their Spring Break in April. Unfortunately I didn't know that when I planned my trip. I thought most schools had break around the Easter holiday. But again, the predicted crowd levels for touring plans still aren't too bad. They're definately not as bad as during the summer months.

Yeah, I live in MA and our schools are closed the 3rd week of April. A lot of other states have vacations throughout March, though, and the vast majority of colleges/universities have spring break in March. So April is for sure less busy then March, especially with Easter being so early.

Upvote 0

Mouselover1964

I am going March 28th thru April 8th and I hope the crowds are light. I went that time 2 years ago and it was wonderful. But with easter being so early this year I just don't know what to expect. Crowds or not I'm just happy to be going!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Rob562

Also, the ticket upgrade promotion is used to keep people *at* Disney (and spending their money), not specifically to get them to book their stay in the first place. Adding the Water Parks & More feature means that Disney is boosting the attendance at the water parks and Pleasure Island with people that might consider going off-site for those activities.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom