Just a Head's Up....

Shanice

Account Suspended
Original Poster
whizGoofy said:
First off...Congrats on becoming a Cast Member. I am glad that you gave us some inside info, however...I would have to agree with a few other people on this post with the fact that you should not bash your employer with your name and your picture, especially Disney. If I were to see you at Disney I would know that the true meaning of Disney is not in you, it is just a job. I do not believe that working for Disney is just a job, it is a dream that many people have. If you are already bashing them and it is your first week then I wonder what will happen in 2-3 months.

Sorry Chic!
Um when did I ever say that I felt that it was "just a job?" I love Disney with all my heart and it has always been a dream to work for them. BTW I wasn't "bashing" anything, I was just scared that Timekeeper was being replaced, but I found I was wrong. Don't be so harsh.

GymLeaderPhil

There is currently a Stitch/Buzz Lightyear meet-n-greet inside the Timekeeper queue.

Maybe you are mistaken... I don't think that it warrants an expansive space like the actual Circlevision room. I have never seen a line for the characters during peak and non-peak seasons.

AEfx

Oh well, another line to keep people occupied people that I will never wait in. ;) Although losing Timekeeper would be a loss, if it is indeed true, I don't mind because that's less people in line for Buzz (the only ride in Tomorrowland besides the TTA I ride anymore).

AEfx

Disneyfan1981

I love Stitch and thought the movie rocked but please its TomorrowLand not StitchLand. I kept an open mind when the decision came around to take out Alien Encounter (tear...) to be replaced with a ride themed after the little blue guy and sure a meet and greet isn't too much but at the loss of the Timekeeper?! Please say it ain't so!

AndyP

The poor timekeeper, great attraction but needs seats!

I wonder if the new meet and greet if it comes about will be called 'Stitch's Great Embrace!!!' I just thought of that and find it really funny! :sohappy: :hammer:

First, CMs should be able to voice their opinions and I think that it is critical to a company like Disney that treats their "employees" and "customers" differently. If everyone kept their trap shut all the time, then who would question anything and how would we know what works and what doesn't work? Loyalty doesn't have to be blind.

Second, where else should we voice approvals and disapprovals other than a Walt Disney World fan website? We should all be open to any and all opinions---positive, negative, and even neutral or apathetic. Don't turn this site into McCarthyism jacked up on Disney. There's no progress around here, I tell you! No progress at all!

barnum42

thedisneyfan said:
First, CMs should be able to voice their opinions and I think that it is critical to a company like Disney that treats their "employees" and "customers" differently. If everyone kept their trap shut all the time, then who would question anything and how would we know what works and what doesn't work? Loyalty doesn't have to be blind.
I think it's more concern for CMs to keep their jobs. It is know that Disney pay people to read these boards. Management will not take kindly to CMs divulging company secrets or badmouthing. Neither of which I hasten to add is applicable to Shanice's post.

crazycalf

Whenever I'm in WDW Timekeeper is closed seasonally. Maybe if they replaced it with something, the new attraction would always be open. Even if it is a meet and greet, it would shorten lines for other things.

WDWKat26

barnum42 said:
I think it's more concern for CMs to keep their jobs. It is know that Disney pay people to read these boards. Management will not take kindly to CMs divulging company secrets or badmouthing. Neither of which I hasten to add is applicable to Shanice's post.

Absolutely, thank you for taking the words right out of my mouth.

Thedisneyfan, I have heard about CM's getting in trouble for divulging information on the site about things that are SUPPOSED to be kept quiet. Managers from different departments do read these boards and any sort of breach in the secrecy could mean a CM's job. I don't know if you know this, but before we are hired, we are required to sign a contract stating that we are to keep our mouths :zipit: about any new information that we might find out about the Walt Disney Company. Any false information or leak in the confidential information is not a good thing. Shanice totally meant well with her post, and her and I already talked about this post so it's all good. The girl has a love for Disney, and she's in Entertainment like me, gotta give her props for that :)

jsfra209

Shanice said:
I just started my new job as a CM and my job is to be one of those people that stands around the characters to control the lines and stuff. Well I was told that this Summer they are going to put a Stitch meet and greet in the place where the Timekeeper show is and that's where I would be stationed for the Summer. Just wanted to let ya'll know that this great attraction is being degraded to another "Stitch" fest.

I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!!! YOU LOOK SO CUTE!!! I WANT AN AVATAR LIKE YOURS!!!! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom