Jurassic World

Jahona

Original Poster
The new trailer for Jurassic World was released a head of schedule. Possibly to be more competitive with the news that Star Wars VII will be releasing a trailer this weekend. Anyways I love Michael Crichton's Jurassic Park and had the wonderful opportunity to spend a weekend with Phil Tippett earlier this year.

Enjoy the trailer and I'm curious as to what anyone else thinks.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I just saw it. Was this based off actual Crichton material or just the original books? Not sure how I feel about the story line of genetically engineering a Dino.

FutureCEO

Looks way better than 3 just from the trailer. Granted I only saw a few minutes of 3 but it was so bad, it had a shut it off.

Jahona

Original Poster
I don't believe it's based off of Crichton's material just in the world he created. New characters and plot lines not derived from the books. I can't tell if this is trying to be a reboot or continuation of the story. Reading one of the fake promo sites they released it sounds like inGen was bought out by another company and a few years after they rebuilt Jurassic Park but renamed it Jurassic World. As with all theme parks they had issues with stale attractions that everyone eventually got bored with. In an attempt to bring back business they start experimenting with genetics to create new animals.

God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs. Dinosaurs get boring. Man creates new life.

acishere

So FBI Special Agent Burt Macklin has an army of trained velociraptors.
a2da64385ab2a22468e396d07429ddfc.jpg

Mickey_777

Can't wait for this film. I saw the original when I was 12 on my first trip to WDW at Pleasure Island. It's been a long time JP.

BuddyThomas

Yeah. I'm so in. Looks awesome. The director is Colin Trevorrow who directed a really cool movie in 2012 called Safety Not Guaranteed.

R W B

Didn't realize the trailer had been out for so long. I just saw it during the super bowl. Either way I think it's fantastic and can't wait for it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom