Jurassic Park Triceratops Encounter today, almost everything still there!

BryceM

I find it utterly ridiculous that this attraction is in the middle of the park and is just wasting away. That is as bad as Wonder's of Life.
I don't find it that bad. Wonders of Life is a massive pavilion that is very visible to the park guests. This is a minor attraction that is hidden by dense brush. I doubt many people even know that it exists.

It could be a good thing that it is closed though, because that could help prove the point that a new attraction will be added soon. Yay!

IWant2GoNow

I am under the impression that the Trikes will be reused in the up coming Jurassic Park Expansion project that is rumored to starting before summer.

Even MORE construction going on this year at UNI? Do we have a drooling smiley? :eek:

Are they still planning on placing 2 new rides in the JP area?

djlaosc

There is a possibility that there may be a custom highly themed one of these as one of the new attractions coming to the Triceratops Encounter real estate.

Would this go with one of the rumours out there and be themed to the amber mine from the rumoured JP4?

It looks interesting!

Disneyhead'71

Would this go with one of the rumours out there and be themed to the amber mine from the rumoured JP4?

It looks interesting!
It does seem to fit the rumor, doesn't it? But I have no idea really. I just know that UniCreative has been talking to The Gravity Group about a "Family Coaster". And after poking around the Gravity Group site, this seems to be the only one that fits that description. All their other coasters are HUGE!

http://www.thegravitygroup.com

djlaosc

It does seem to fit the rumor, doesn't it? But I have no idea really. I just know that UniCreative has been talking to The Gravity Group about a "Family Coaster". And after poking around the Gravity Group site, this seems to be the only one that fits that description. All their other coasters are HUGE!

Yeah, it was the first thing I thought of when I saw the indoor section of the video. It would be a good addition, especially if it was themed well. The "looking like individual" cars, the cages on the top, and the forward/backwards seating would make it different to most things in the Florida parks, apart from the Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover, but the ride itself is obviously a lot different!

IWant2GoNow

I have full faith in The Gravity Group after riding Hades at Mt. Olympus. Amazing coaster!

ExtinctJenn

I would not expect any more Disney videos from Adam in the near future.
I honestly teared up watching that video this morning. Adam is an awesome guy and a huge Disney fan. He knows what he was doing wasn't allowed, he doesn't necessarily think it was "wrong" but the key is he understands Disney has to protect their investment and the rules are the rules. Instead of bashing Disney or going off about what happened, he thanks them for the memories and has no hard feelings. Say what you will about breaking the rules, this is one guy who has class imho.

IWant2GoNow

Did you know they are adding a corkscrew to Hades for 2013?

I did! Just when you didn't think something could get any better. :) Can't wait to get back over there to ride it again. I live in Akron, so Cedar Point is a must however I'm not sure when I'll be able to head over to WI again. Stopped in on an MLB road trip through Chicago, Minneapolis, & Milwaukee. Great trip, stopped at Six Flags Great America too. A repeat trip isn't out of my realm of possibilities in the future. ;)

PS- Coming right out of that pitch black tunnel into that barrel roll will be downright breath-taking!

Ethan B.

I was just in Universal a few days ago, and after seeing this thread before I left I couldn't get the questions out of my mind! So I asked. (You would be surprised how willing cast members are to talk about things they are "not supposed to") I'm not sure if ANY of this is correct and I would love for someone to double check me on this, but what I was told is this:

• The attraction was closed because it cost too much to run. ("It cost more to run that one attraction then the rest of the park combined")
  • It cost too much because it used a lot of electricity and they "contracted NASA for the animatronics and had to hire a literal rocket scientist to do repairs"
  • One of the trikes (presumably the one that was still whole in the video) was shipped out to Japan for their park.
  • "Everything else back there has been destroyed"
  • There are plans to use the land soon because "Jurassic Park is next on the list for an update along with the new movie and Universal has already submitted paperwork for a new roller coaster"
Again, this is what i was told by a member of the cast, but he could have been just as clueless as me.

(Oh, and the main reason for all the Gringotts breakdowns? Get this: BLUE SCREENS!!!)

Gullywhumper

Really creepy like the River Country video that was doing the rounds.
I did this attraction when the park first opened... it was actually kinda neat. I'm not sure about repeat views but I enjoyed it at the time. I really hope their is a JP expansion.... i'm still praying for a jeep ride.
Luckily it is in better condition then RC.

JustInTime

Jurassic is severely lacking. Poorly done area. Walking around and it just feel is like I'm walking around plants. No Dinosaurs. No cages. No keep ride. Just a sad excuse for such an amazing franchise. And to make maters worse, they are giving up the expansion room for kong. Huge mistake here.

Disneyhead'71

Jurassic is severely lacking. Poorly done area. Walking around and it just feel is like I'm walking around plants. No Dinosaurs. No cages. No keep ride. Just a sad excuse for such an amazing franchise. And to make maters worse, they are giving up the expansion room for kong. Huge mistake here.
They still have the whole Triceratops Encounter plot to expand the franchise.

Filling the plot behind Thunder Falls with more Jurassic Park will sell how much more JP merchandise than is already being sold? Compare that number with how much merchandise a new IP will sell. I would bet money that Kong will sell more stuff the more JP would.

And JP will be getting stuff to ride the hype wave of JP4.

JT3000

And JP will be getting stuff to ride the hype wave of JP4.

The pertinent question is what stuff. With Kong taking precedence, the possibility of any noteworthy additions in time for the film's release seems bleak. I'm not nececessarily in disagreement with their current plans, but their priorities are out of order if they wanted optimal synergy.

Tom Morrow

There are fences as seen in the film, though. The plants work because the rest of the park doesn't have thick vegetation.

What I dislike is the addition of the game booths. If they're going to keep them here then they should be taken out of Toon Lagoon, at least.

JT3000

There are fences as seen in the film, though. The plants work because the rest of the park doesn't have thick vegetation.

What I dislike is the addition of the game booths. If they're going to keep them here then they should be taken out of Toon Lagoon, at least.

Unfortunately they were meant to replace the ones in LC lost to WWOHP expansion. It's like they have some sort of carnival game quota or something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom