Jurassic Park Jeep Adventure

DWImagineer

Original Poster
Here is a ride I came up with recently as an idea of what the new JP coaster at IOA will be like. it will be an idoor jeep shaped launching coaster. I am currently working on concept art I will show later. Here is the story. After the recent failure of the Jurassic Park river Adventure, JP developers wanted a safer way to exhibit their dinosaurs. The result- a cool jeep ride that can accel up to high speeds to escape danger. The building you enter is a huge decorated steel bunker, not soemthing you would expect from the ellaborate JP company. As you enter the bunker you see that it is more ornate on the inside than on the out. finally after wainting you enter the tiny show room and your welcome has begun. Hopefully Richard Attenborough would do the Pre Show. This is what he sould say.

" Hello and welcome. Within the next few hours you will be touring in our newest attraction that will take you all across our wonderful park to view our bountiful displays of enchanting and majestic dinosaurs. However before you begin please remind yourselves that nothing can go on this tour as our security is none like any other on the planet. " The doors open on your left open and " Welcome to Jurassic Park" is heard from your host before you board.

After straping yourselves into the jeep, the ride slowly moves through the padlock doors and into a bright sunny savannah( you are still indoors) where you can some Brachiosaur, Parasaurlopholus, Stegosaurs, Gallimimus, and Triceratops. This portion is about two minutes long. Next you enter the near the Dilophosaur exhibit. Through the electric fence you wonder if you will ever see any carnivores on this tour. Next your jeep enters a dark cave and the sound of thunder is heard at your exit. Very soon after you leave the cave the sky is full of dark looming clouds and thunder. Through the speakers of the car you can hear John Hammond "Sorry for the inconvenience but we will have to stop this ride until the storm passes but you will be on emergency backup mode in case of an emergency." Funny enough your jeep has just stopped at the T Rex paddock. Suddenly the electric fence goes out and fear has arroused. The ground is shaking and large footsteps are heard. The electric fence seems to jest fall down on its on. Then you hear an all too familar roar and the T Rex slowly comes toward the jeep. As the T Rex approaches the car should be moving to get away but its not. Its only til the T Rex is right over everybody's head and ready to attack does the jeep pull out 40 mph into the dark and dinsoaur infested forest. After some drops and turns your jeep stops in a jungle clearing . Just as you think your safe a Spinosaurus lurches out of the darkness to check you out. As he approches so does the t Rex from the other side and the famous dino battle from JP3 beigns. Of course you don't get to see because you jeep pulls another launch this time at 30 mph and slows to 3 mph once it hits a savannah. You are in very tall grass and can't see anything. Then, you hear some distant growls but don't think too much about it. You hear them again this time near your jeep. Now and then you see some objects running about the grass and the jeep picks a little speed. Suddnely velocioraptors surround your vehicle and the jeep makes a sharp banked turn out of the savannah and back into the jungle. Your jeep once again stops after making a small right turn. Finally ahead of the you see the boarding bunker with the doors open for your arrival, but behind you the Spinosaurus was also waiting for you. Now a race between getting eaten and survival is between 100 yrds. your jeep races forward at speeds around 35 mph toward the doors WHILE the Spinosaurus is right on your tail. The people sitting at the very back of the jeep are getting the thrill of their life right now. The jeep enters the doors just in time. The doors close behind you and the growls of a frusturated Spinosaurus can be heard. Now you jeep enters the exting station and this phrase can be heard while exiting. " Please now exit the vehicle in an orderly fashion, and I hoped you enjoyed your ride through the tranquil world of the dinsoaurs. Thanks for visiting Universal's Islands of Adventure.

DWImagineer

Original Poster
Thaks, glad you like the idea. I will be uploading my concept art very soon. I figured for some of the animatronics would be like carnotaur in dinosaur, which moves around a lot. There would be a lot of foliage to cover the foot movements of the dinos so people couldn't see that they were missing the ground. The electric fence would not be exactly like the movie, it can not shread to pices, but it has to just fall down so that it can be brought back up for the next car. The hebivore dinos would not have to move at all.

relloron

Hmm...just looking at the title I find a problem. At IoA they have the Jurassic Park River Adventure. Maybe have it as another DINOSAUR ride in AK?

Legacy

relloron said:
Hmm...just looking at the title I find a problem. At IoA they have the Jurassic Park River Adventure. Maybe have it as another DINOSAUR ride in AK?
Or... he could create an attraction for IoA.

That is still another possibility.

DWImagineer

Original Poster
The concept art may take longer, than I thought. It is hard to come up with a ride building and que line. The ride events are even harder, though I am skilled at skethcing dinosaurs.

relloron

Legacy said:
Or... he could create an attraction for IoA.

That is still another possibility.

True. But I personally don't see a Jurrasic Park ride in Disney since they own DINOSAUR. :animwink:

Legacy

relloron said:
True. But I personally don't see a Jurrasic Park ride in Disney since they own DINOSAUR. :animwink:
You're right... they won't.

That's why he references IoA in his design. The attraction isn't for Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom