Jungle Cruise work/refurb?

Magicot

So if there is no line, do you wait to get a full boat before launch, or could you have your own private cruise?
If there is no line, we have to wait until there is a 'rescue boat' behind us. That's the next boat that rounds the bend towards the dock. Then we get our own private cruise through the jungle- which is awesome by the way. We do this because the JC is always supposed to be constantly moving.

disneydata

Most people don't realize what needs the most work at Jungle. No, it's not the animals, the temple, or the boats (although they all need it). It's the dock. Have you ever looked down as you walk through the queue? It's falling apart! Last I heard the dock was getting a complete makeover including some kind of concrete base. Much of the dock is still over water even though they filled some of it in the last big refurb. Look through the cracks sometime, that is if you're not falling through the rotting wood.

MagliteL13

Most people don't realize what needs the most work at Jungle. No, it's not the animals, the temple, or the boats (although they all need it). It's the dock. Have you ever looked down as you walk through the queue? It's falling apart! Last I heard the dock was getting a complete makeover including some kind of concrete base. Much of the dock is still over water even though they filled some of it in the last big refurb. Look through the cracks sometime, that is if you're not falling through the rotting wood.

As another former JC Skipper, I second this (and have also heard things about the dock getting a rehab). All I can say is it's about time. There are some spiels that need improving, too (not that mine was perfect, cause it wasn't) :)

stitch131313

For the past 5 months of working at JC, it has never been open for EMH except for a few nights in late April, early May. They only had it open for those nights because of supposed high park attendance. It's always guaranteed that the JC has no wait around 8-8:30pm til closing. When we were open for EMH, which is unusual for JC, there was still noone in line. Many people assume that JC closes after dark but I want to make it forever clear that:

The Jungle Cruise is always open until park closing!

Visit us, we get lonely.:(

Well It's opening for EMH now. I was working there last night and it was wet and DEAD. And yes we do get lonely down there.

And Magicot do I know you? I been at the Jungle for like 3 months now. Were a CP?

clarkstallings

We had the funniest skipper last time we rode JC, about a week or two ago. The funniest thing he said was in reference to the pistols for the hippos. He said, "you know, I'm not even going to bother shooting this politically correct gun...I mean, it's attached to the boat people...come on." I thought the line was rather funny because I feel strongly about the guns. You can shoot at human beings with blanks at LMA and GMR but you can't even fire blanks in the air to frighten the hippos on JC. I mean, I know the guns returned, but in the form they returned, they are now a poorly executed effect. I'd rather have no guns, than the pistol effect used now. Hopefully this changes now that we have a former skipper running Imagineering.

MagliteL13

Well It's opening for EMH now. I was working there last night and it was wet and DEAD. And yes we do get lonely down there.

And Magicot do I know you? I been at the Jungle for like 3 months now. Were a CP?

Have fun with the 3am EMH shifts...yuck.

Oh, and BTW, congrats DisneyData on your new status (cause I haven't had a chance to tell you). Coulda sworn I heard you this morning, though.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Anything outdoors I'd be happy to work nightshifts versus the 90+ heat.

Anywho, if it got rehabbed, it'd get Pirahnas right? Cuz those are the most awesome part of DL's Jungle Cruise. I can certainly live without the faux rain and other tidbits, but I love me some pirahnas.

Enigma

Account Suspended
Anything outdoors I'd be happy to work nightshifts versus the 90+ heat.

Anywho, if it got rehabbed, it'd get Pirahnas right? Cuz those are the most awesome part of DL's Jungle Cruise. I can certainly live without the faux rain and other tidbits, but I love me some pirahnas.

The same guy who posted that the Wand is coming down also said that Jungle Cruise's rehab would make it more like the new Hong Kong version of the ride (minus the wierd God battle at the end) rather than the "upgraded" Disneyland version which was really only the new pirhahna scene and an "interactive" element where a monkey fires a gun at your boat.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Aww... I love pirahnas...

And the monkey does fire at the boat, but there's also the water cannon - i think from TnT.

Wbnemo1

Hmm,
as one of de ole skippers who's been trying to get the jungle up to par,for years, I can tell you we really try to keep our animals clean. We do our best, and for the most part, the animals try to cooperate, though some seem to have certain skin disorders.
It's also true about the dock, we should get that fixed come January,YAY
Will....aka Babs

I rode today and noticed that the little waterfalls just after the backside of water are working now too. I haven't been to MK in 2 months, but prior to that, I hadn't seen water flowing there since I started as a skipper over a year ago.

Krozar

Did JC today as well and everything looked great. Yah, had to watch my step on the dock because each plank was at different elevations, but I guess that kinda added to the effect :p

The skipper got really annoying by whining about his job at every opportunity he had. But overall pretty funny but really demeaning the hell out of the attraction.

Magicot

Stitch131313 and Wbnemo1, I go by Magicot here but my other alias is Matt Gilbert. Remember me? The short CP? It's funny to find you guys on here too. I hope all is well in Adventureland. :wave:

Clarkstallings and Krozar, do you remember your skippers' names or could you describe them? I probably know them.

stitch131313

Hey, Matt! I remember you. I only got to work with you a few times. If you didn't figure it out by my avatar, this is Robert C. It's kinda weird finding other Ad/Libers on here. Hope everything is good with you, See you around.

erasure fan1

I hope they do a extensive redo of this ride, it really needs it. Some cleaning and paint isnt going to help all that much. At the least we need to see new AAs and set pieces. I know some love the way the ride is set up as is but I just think it hasnt aged all that well. It could be SO much better than it is.

LOL Robert and Matt, I think almost every Ad/Liber is on this board at least once a week. Our attractions are talked about a lot. This is Jeff H, btw. I'll be back in September.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom