Jungle Cruise work/refurb?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Anyone got any word on the Jungle Cruise?

I went on it today and maybe it was just my imagination, but i think they repainted the exterior temple ruins (was it always ornate with gold leaf?) and other parts seemed to be working better then usual. Like, half the elephants looked like they had fresh skin (i remembered seeing elephant skin molds on my backstage tour too) and the the tribesfolk looked to be wearing fresh and fancy outfits - particularly the attacking ones (i could never tell what plant leaves they were wearing before, now i can).

Any news? Anyone know? Was there always gold leaf and ornate carving on the "first attempt at a monorail" ?

Magicot

As a Jungle Cruise Skipper myself, I can safely say that there have been no recent changes to the attire of the natives (though I agree they are noticeably in good condition) and that Shir-lee's temple has always had the gold leaf and ornate carving exterior. However, some of the Indian elephants may look like new because of their recent wash. All the animals of the JC are on an "animal wash rotation" where every morning a different set of animals will get scrubbed down. Maybe this is why the elephants look fresh.

However, I can verify that the most recent improvements to the JC include:

-2-3 new butterflies in the Amazon
-a brand new rhino in the "Trapped Safari" scene
-1-2 new hippos in the hippo pool
-a brand new cobra in the temple (first one on the right)
-the boat, Orinoco Ida, is the first of the brand new boats, it has a new, much louder engine (sounds like an airplane) and smoke can pass through the top of the smokestack at the back, soon all the boats will be just like this one

oh yeah and . . .
cough*January 2008*cough

Hope I could be of some help. :wave:

Kman101

Ooh, a refurb for Jungle Cruise next year? I hope to god they don't change it THAT much, just add some fresh coats of paint and make sure everything's working correctly.

Imaginationeer

People act like this is new news. The order was talked about as soon as the HM refurbishment was announced. Space Mountain will miss next years holiday season, closing sometime in between April and September of 2008. It should reopen by spring of 2009, or at the latest summer. But first, will be the Jungle Cruise, but it won't be closed more than 3 months, similar to the DL refurbishment.

Enigma

Account Suspended
People act like this is new news. The order was talked about as soon as the HM refurbishment was announced. Space Mountain will miss next years holiday season, closing sometime in between April and September of 2008. It should reopen by spring of 2009, or at the latest summer. But first, will be the Jungle Cruise, but it won't be closed more than 3 months, similar to the DL refurbishment.

yea they want to do Jungle Cruise and HM first because Space will be getting the biggest and longest refurb refurb.

jmuboy

So glad we are getting these ride refurbs at the MK! Now, if we can just get a REAL new ride built on the old 20K site. And maybe some help down on Main Street? That area feels like a strip all with fancy exteriors in its current state.

wickedfan07

Thanks for the info. I knew they were all eventually going down for a refurbishment, I just wasn't sure what the order was. :wave:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So Jungle Cruise on the list ahead of Space Mountain? Or was it always like that?
Nope - but then the Laugh Floor episode came along and threw the MKs rehabs into a real mess. Consequently they all slipped and bumped. Some things on the JC probably won`t wait much longer.

mitchk

The Jungle Cruise looked pretty good to me last week, also on my Keys to the Kingdom tour I noticed a Hippo back there that looked like it had just been replaced (the hippo looked very old, and faded). BTW, when did they take the JC off the Extra Magic Hours list? I love the JC at night, and both EMH nights (Sunday, and Friday) it was closed :shrug:

PBarton

BTW, when did they take the JC off the Extra Magic Hours list? I love the JC at night, and both EMH nights (Sunday, and Friday) it was closed :shrug:
Yeah, the Jungle Cruise is awesome at night! A totally different experience.

Some of my relatives got back from 2 weeks at Pop Century this morning. They said that the JC was not included on any of the extra magic hours schedules for the whole time that they were there.

BiggerTigger

Is the refurb just maintenance or are new items being added? And will this reflect with the movie, if they are still doing this?

jiminy.cricket

Yeah, the Jungle Cruise is awesome at night! A totally different experience.

Some of my relatives got back from 2 weeks at Pop Century this morning. They said that the JC was not included on any of the extra magic hours schedules for the whole time that they were there.

It was open for EMH last year, but hardly anyone visited it at night! I think the majority of guests just thought it closed at night despite the listing on the schedule. I think there was just no point in keeping it open at night anymore. Nighttime was a great time to ride, though; you can't see what's coming up ahead!

Magicot

BTW, when did they take the JC off the Extra Magic Hours list? I love the JC at night, and both EMH nights (Sunday, and Friday) it was closed :shrug:
For the past 5 months of working at JC, it has never been open for EMH except for a few nights in late April, early May. They only had it open for those nights because of supposed high park attendance. It's always guaranteed that the JC has no wait around 8-8:30pm til closing. When we were open for EMH, which is unusual for JC, there was still noone in line. Many people assume that JC closes after dark but I want to make it forever clear that:

The Jungle Cruise is always open until park closing!

Visit us, we get lonely.:(

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
For the past 5 months of working at JC, it has never been open for EMH except for a few nights in late April, early May. They only had it open for those nights because of supposed high park attendance. It's always guaranteed that the JC has no wait around 8-8:30pm til closing. When we were open for EMH, which is unusual for JC, there was still noone in line. Many people assume that JC closes after dark but I want to make it forever clear that:

The Jungle Cruise is always open until park closing!

Visit us, we get lonely.:(

So if there is no line, do you wait to get a full boat before launch, or could you have your own private cruise?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom