Jungle Cruise Temple

pfeigelm

Original Poster
I've noticed that most times Disney makes a wall, tunnel or supposed cave as part of a ride in DL or WDW its to go outside the berm or hide something that gives away the illusion.

The WDW Jungle Cruise has that really enjoyable immersive temple tunnel sequence that the DL JC is missing (and could really use being so close to the Indiana Jones ride). I have always wondered whats outside the tunnel, and if it is in an area accessable by non-CMs.

Does anyone know?

Thanks!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If I am not mistaken the temple is smack dab in the middle of the attraction and not there to hide anything.

disneydata

There's nothing to hide. The temple is in the middle of the ride and is there just as a show element. The areas around it are only accessible by Cast Members.

Dskipper

being skipper on the four great rivers of the jungle cruise i can tell you its just a show peice were we can umm sit, and guest not see :drevil:

WDWRLD

being skipper on the four great rivers of the jungle cruise i can tell you its just a show peice were we can umm sit, and guest not see :drevil:

Would you really want to be in there....there was a thread here a long time ago and someone said that when "they" have to go in there for maintenance it is loaded with real snakes not just the AA ones.

disneydata

Would you really want to be in there....there was a thread here a long time ago and someone said that when "they" have to go in there for maintenance it is loaded with real snakes not just the AA ones.
There were no snakes in there when I was in there. I was there a bunch of times for various reasons ... we'll leave it at that.

wild01ride

Actually, Disney utilizes incredible technology that was not available at the time that the DL Jungle Cruise was built. This technology alters the space/time continuum to take you beyond the burm/railroad track without actually experiencing any drop, dip, or increase in elevation.
The basis of the technology is an area of Quantum physics which has never been used on humans until the openening of the Jungle Cruise at WDW in 1971. Furthermore, this technology not only transports human beings beyond the physical realm, it takes them beyond the burm after approximately 8 minutes have elapsed during the ride and brings them back within feet of the exit dock.

You can believe either the above, or that it's just a building of no particular significance other than to replicate a temple. :rolleyes:

Gorjus

Having said all that, the location of the Jungle Cruise has always cracked me up. It is surrounded by so much mundane stuff. On a roadway, I noticed I could see, and hear, the Jungle Cruise, so I peeked through some trees and saw a boat of tourists going by. If I hadn't ducked back, they might have seen me. That would ruin the magic. "And on your left...a viscious and evil Cast Member...danger"

WDWRLD

Actually, Disney utilizes incredible technology that was not available at the time that the DL Jungle Cruise was built. This technology alters the space/time continuum to take you beyond the burm/railroad track without actually experiencing any drop, dip, or increase in elevation.
The basis of the technology is an area of Quantum physics which has never been used on humans until the openening of the Jungle Cruise at WDW in 1971. Furthermore, this technology not only transports human beings beyond the physical realm, it takes them beyond the burm after approximately 8 minutes have elapsed during the ride and brings them back within feet of the exit dock.

You can believe either the above, or that it's just a building of no particular significance other than to replicate a temple. :rolleyes:

Is this the same technology that allows guests to see "the backside of water".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom