Jungle Cruise Skipper Q

bryPOD

Original Poster
Hey gang,

It's my dad's 60th birthday coming up, and we will be heading down to Disney World to celebrate. It is his dream to become a jungle cruise skipper (even has the whole script memorized). I was just wondering if anyone here knew of a way to contact Disney to arrange for him to be a Jungle Cruise Skipper for one cruise alongside a real skipper (or solo). I really want to make his dream come true.

Thanks for any suggestions or possibilities!
-B

Steve-B

I think it's a cool idea, though I doubt they'll go for it. Kudos to you for looking into it. If he gets to do any part of it, let us know. Maybe a trip report?

wvugeoggrad

On a recent trip on the JC I had a couple who knew the spiel and said some of the jokes along side the skipper quietly. She heard them and thought it was funny and kinda let them play along and say a few things. So don't give up. When you get there, maybe talk to some of the CMs there and give them your story and maybe he can co-captain the boat.

TRONorail10

On a recent trip on the JC I had a couple who knew the spiel and said some of the jokes along side the skipper quietly. She heard them and thought it was funny and kinda let them play along and say a few things. So don't give up. When you get there, maybe talk to some of the CMs there and give them your story and maybe he can co-captain the boat.

You definitely want to contact Disney guest relations and see if they can arrange something first, because if they do, then they may be able to make this an incredible experience. However, if they do not do anything, don't get discouraged. Like the post from above, simply talk to the cast members who are actually working the ride, and i guarantee they will do something for you to truly make the moment magical! :sohappy:

fosse76

You definitely want to contact Disney guest relations and see if they can arrange something first, because if they do, then they may be able to make this an incredible experience. However, if they do not do anything, don't get discouraged. Like the post from above, simply talk to the cast members who are actually working the ride, and i guarantee they will do something for you to truly make the moment magical! :sohappy:

It is VERY UNLIKELY. While it may seem ridiculous to suggest this, the safety of all guests on the boat can be compromised by allowing an individual who has not been trained to pilot the boat. At most the CM may allow him to do the spiel, but even that seems a little unlikely, since Disney would have no real control over what he might say.

Wbnemo1

I'm kind of curious as to how you guys know all this...we have guest skips all the time, though usually for little kids above the age of eight...they get to steer the boat and pretend they are in charge, though we do all the spieling lol...fairly simple arrangement could be made, just ask a skipper....it's the jokes part that is no really permitted, and we work the throttle, but the, Ahem, Steering is all up to the guest skipper...so far we've not been run aground yet, but there's still hope!:D

Cheers,
Will
aka Babs
Whining Wilderness William

hiddenMICKEY815

That's a fantastic idea, just keep poking and asking around see what answers you can get from the Disney powers that be, and have fun with it. THEN COME BACK AND TELL US HOW IT WENT! :D

mp2bill

Contact guest communications to see how far they'd be willing to go.

This is your best bet. Unfortunately, they might not let him do much. Even though the boat is on a "track," it's a liability to have somebody other than an actual CM operate it.

I'm kind of curious as to how you guys know all this...we have guest skips all the time, though usually for little kids above the age of eight...they get to steer the boat and pretend they are in charge, though we do all the spieling lol...fairly simple arrangement could be made, just ask a skipper....it's the jokes part that is no really permitted, and we work the throttle, but the, Ahem, Steering is all up to the guest skipper...so far we've not been run aground yet, but there's still hope!:D

Cheers,
Will
aka Babs

Yeah, I've been on a jungle cruise driven by a 6 year old on our last trip. Just for a portion of it, so it's most definately possible.

Grizzly Hall 71

I've seen this done on 3 occasions. However it has always been for a little one. The skipper would ask would you like to drive the boat and they would steer their way through the river as the skipper still made the jokes and had fun with the child. IT IS POSSIBLE! Ask! What's the worst they can say?

Pioneer Hall

Cheers,
Will
aka Babs

That was what I said would be the most likely scenario. I remember that I got to drive the boat back in the day when I was a little kid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom