Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

Surferboy567

I think few would disagree with you. Although I understand the disappointment in potentially losing Trader Sam. Less original characters isn’t good. A redesign should be in order.
Yea I definitely don’t support Trader Sam leaving. I am also not convinced he will be completely removed yet, but it’s a possibility.

Maybe I am ok with this because I never really had as much of an attachment to Jungle Cruise. I like the attraction but that was just it I liked it not loved it.

WDW Pro

@WDW Pro Do you have any updated info on any of WDI’s plans to alter the other attractions on your diversity list besides HoP and JC, and what those changes may entail?

Peter Pan's Flight is having the native americans removed. Whoop de Doo may be gone for good. Tiki Room is now on the list as well. I'll let you know if I hear on the other ones prior to public announcements.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
So let me see if I got this right - Disney gets rid of ABC Family in favor of Freeform so they can broadcast more adult content containing sex and bad behavior directed at teen and pre-teen girls, but becomes sensitive for adults regarding a few props on a ride?

Yes. Welcome to peak 2021 Disney.

ZodIsGr8

Depends on if you're Trader Sam or not.
So @WDW Pro are you saying Trader Sam will be removed from the ride? Also do you know where in the ride the new chimp and boat scene will be? Thanks as always for your insight. I am just curious as to whether or not they are going to remove TS or not because if they do, I would love to see how they rationalize keeping Trader Sam’s bar at the Poly and at the DisneyLand Hotel as those Imagineering concepts are recent additions and not 60 years old.

DCLcruiser

What is the "New Animated Skipper?" Are the boats getting a screen or is the queue getting a pre-ride movie?

jccb20394820349820349823094.jpg

Nland316

And this isn't the end. More attractions are going to be altered.
How are there still funds for changes like this? Clearly this seems to be somewhat priority then (thanks to Iger?), but I really don’t see how this could be justified past a certain point if parks are still closed and cast members are still laid off. Seems so tone deaf and strange to try and champion this considering the state of the company.

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

For what it’s worth, WDWPro had it on his list last June. I called hypocrisy over last year’s “event” if they decided to leave in Jungle Cruise’s offensive elements (which are inarguably the most overtly offensive in any of the Disney parks). And the Rock dropped a tip about a possible update a few years ago.

There was no question a Jungle Cruise update was in the pipeline. I wouldn’t call this a victory for Hill...unless of course he called the specific changes and vignettes.
Maybe JC just ended up on someone's speculative list of refurbs simply because it badly needed one, and everyone knew it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom