Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

ToTBellHop

They could make Fire Mountain, and a Jungle Flume Boat dark ride that goes through the base to pay homage to the Jungle Cruise, while the coaster is on top. Two rides in one. More capacity. A win win win.

1617645086424.jpeg

What if we took that idea, removed both rides, and instead just had a timeless, classic, socially-distanced Hei Hei Meet and Greet?

TikibirdLand

Them not doing anything to the bar is probably just out of laziness more than anything else.

Come to think of it, wouldn't the Princess and the Frog ride be "guilty by association" in that it was once a ride based on Song of the South in the same way that the Brers are "guilty by association"?
If it involves alcohol, it's automatically not a problem. Create a Braer Rabbit Pub, and the ride would be fine in the Bobs' eyes.

jeanericuser001

Ugh. Just bulldoze the whole damn thing and build Fire Mountain instead.
I say take out swiss family robinson house along with jungle cruise and replace it with a brand new expanded adventure land. There is enough space there to give adventure land a massive upgrade on par with what was done to fantasy land. Its always seemed like adventure land was a mere after thought with it only getting updates when they either needed to cash in on an IP or replace something offensive. With that much space they could easily add at least 3 new rides or one ride with a seriously expanded space as well as other amenities.

Stupido

I say take out swiss family robinson house along with jungle cruise and replace it with a brand new expanded adventure land. There is enough space there to give adventure land a massive upgrade on par with what was done to fantasy land. Its always seemed like adventure land was a mere after thought with it only getting updates when they either needed to cash in on an IP or replace something offensive. With that much space they could easily add at least 3 new rides or one ride with a seriously expanded space as well as other amenities.
Jungle Cruise is too iconic to do this, but I agree 100000%. I always felt Adventureland in general has been super dated and the most inconsistent land in terms of cohesion. Pirates, a jungle safari, a tree house, a tiki room, and Aladdin? They could have just called this land MiscelanousLand.

I get that the jungle cruise is a super iconic opening day attraction, but I just never thought it worked the way people try to act like it does. Especially in Orlando, where there's a full park with REAL animals on property. I know that the real point of JC are the skippers and the script and all that, but no matter how many times I ride it, it just feels redundant and like a waste of space.

I absolutely agree that Adventureland is in most dire need of a refresh that really addresses what the land means. With Disney looking to expand it's S.E.A. IP, Adventureland is the perfect place for it. I know they're bringing this into the updated JC, but I think it could be pushed a lot a lot further, and I really hope that they have bigger plans for the entire land.

Brer Oswald

Wasteland (tomorrowland) across the way is what needs help more than Adventureland right now.
I think Tomorrowland actually needs less help. Space Mountain, CoP, and TTA are all solid. MILF and Buzz are out of place, but add capacity as of rn. Stitch needs a replacement. Tron seems like a good addition. 4 solid rides beats out Pirates Lite, Jungle Snooze, and the Tiki Room, along with that abomination of a spinner plopped right in the middle of the walkways.

Jungle Cruise is too iconic to do this, but I agree 100000%. I always felt Adventureland in general has been super dated and the most inconsistent land in terms of cohesion. Pirates, a jungle safari, a tree house, a tiki room, and Aladdin? They could have just called this land MiscelanousLand.

I get that the jungle cruise is a super iconic opening day attraction, but I just never thought it worked the way people try to act like it does. Especially in Orlando, where there's a full park with REAL animals on property. I know that the real point of JC are the skippers and the script and all that, but no matter how many times I ride it, it just feels redundant and like a waste of space.

I absolutely agree that Adventureland is in most dire need of a refresh that really addresses what the land means. With Disney looking to expand it's S.E.A. IP, Adventureland is the perfect place for it. I know they're bringing this into the updated JC, but I think it could be pushed a lot a lot further, and I really hope that they have bigger plans for the entire land.

I dont feel that way. Jungle cruise is a nice ride and my kid loves it. Tomorrowland is very dated for being the "future". Adventureland has its rides and yes they could definitely make a new alladin ride based off the latest movie. I feel like MK doesn't really get a lot of updated rides. Disney really focuses a lot on HS and AK.

aladdin2007

I think Tomorrowland actually needs less help. Space Mountain, CoP, and TTA are all solid. MILF and Buzz are out of place, but add capacity as of rn. Stitch needs a replacement. Tron seems like a good addition. 4 solid rides beats out Pirates Lite, Jungle Snooze, and the Tiki Room, along with that abomination of a spinner plopped right in the middle of the walkways.
a lot of that isn't even operating (tta, milf, of course stitch) or in bad shape...Ive stated it before but you have an entire main corridor shut down to paying guests......cop I guess they just aren't going to give any love to at all, nor buzz...no direction either in the ghetto paint jobs. the whole area is awful. They should be embarrassed but thats disjointed management. All of this of course is really for the tomorrowland love thread.......back to adventure.

Brer Oswald

a lot of that isn't even operating (tta, milf, of course stitch) or in bad shape...Ive stated it before but you have an entire main corridor shut down to paying guests......cop I guess they just aren't going to give any love to at all, nor buzz...no direction either in the ghetto paint jobs. the whole area is awful. They should be embarrassed but thats disjointed management. All of this of course is really for the tomorrowland love thread.......back to adventure.
Some of those are closed due to refurbs or because of COVID. That isn’t necessarily a detriment to the land in the long run. Not all of us can be Florida locals.

castlecake2.0

I’m guessing the people who are saying that they were not offended by this probably had no reason to be. It’s also not all about who’s offended and more about being a good role model to the public they are entertaining. I’m sure if the rivers of America at Tokyo Disney featured a 600 lb AudioAnimatronic man trying to sell you a corn dog and 7-11 big gulp some people would not appreciate it, even though the local audience may not find it offensive.

AdventureHasAName

I’m guessing the people who are saying that they were not offended by this probably had no reason to be. It’s also not all about who’s offended and more about being a good role model to the public they are entertaining. I’m sure if the rivers of America at Tokyo Disney featured a 600 lb AudioAnimatronic man trying to sell you a corn dog and 7-11 big gulp some people would not appreciate it, even though the local audience may not find it offensive.

I don't think there's a single person in America who would care ... and if I was wrong (and there was), I don't think there is a single person at Disney or in Tokyo who would care about the offended person enough to remove it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom