Jungle Cruise Question

Goofyernmost

That long pipe thing underneath the track leading to the crocs/gators (?) is that the sensor to trip to activate?
It's probably is the electrical connection that runs the motors in the Hippo's, Elephants and what ever other underwater animatronics they might have. The sensors likely would have been just before they came into view from the boat.
I thought it was just that dirty LOL
I was on the one in WDW when they had just used the dye for the water and it was a very dark brown close to purple. Not even close to being natural looking.

Last edited:

DisneyFanatic12

It's probably is the electrical connection that runs the motors in the Hippo's, Elephants and what ever other underwater animatronics they might have. The sensors likely would have been just before they came into view from the boat.

I was on the one in WDW when they had just used the dye for the water and it was a very dark brown close to purple. Not even close to being natural looking.
I believe the original animatronic are all driven by pneumatics. All they’d probably put underwater would be pipes for the pressurized air. That’s why the hippos shoot out bubbles. Though some are moved by pressurized water, so not all pneumatics I guess. For the crocodile after the temple, for example, you can see the used water get shot out of its “ear”.

For the timing, I believe it uses RFID, similar to the much more visible boxes on the side of the Living with the Land flume.

(I know this is old but I just stumbled across this thread)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom