Jungle Cruise movie and it's effect on attraction

TikibirdLand

Well, yeah, if you don't understand basic math (or Hollywood arithmetic), it doesn't compute.

Jungle Cruise cost 200 million to make, NOT counting ads and promotions, which can add millions more to a film's budget. In order for JC to BREAK EVEN, it has to make at least $400 million. Which it won't, despite the press' apologetics. Does that compute a little better now?
I was really looking forward to the movie; even waited to see it in the theater with XD and everything (well, everything except the vertigo-inducing 3-D). I thought it started off really good and funny. Seems that studios are just going overboard with the CGI. The overblown ending just was too-much (won't drop any spoilers). Kinda reminds me of the PoC movies as well. In the beginning, the CGI complemented the story-telling. Then, it became the story. Kinda like auto-tuning; it's best when you don't notice it. It was definitely notieced at the end of JC. And, the movie suffered because of it.

Inspired Figment

I personally loved the movie myself, and I’ve also always enjoyed riding the ride. I ‘don’t’ agree however with going another Pirates of the Caribbean revamp approach where the whole thing’s become “where’s Jack Sparrow, bring me Captain Jack Sparrow”

Fine if you have some minor cameos & references here & there.. but don’t make the focus on the Film tie-ins. Keep the attraction it’s own unique experience. It’s the thing that the movie was ‘based upon’. So let people see what the movie was based upon with enhancements & easter eggs that don’t detract from the overall experience and stop having this “every ride has to be based upon a movie” approach.

Last edited:

Rescue Ranger

I don't think they will. It's nowhere near the popularity of the Pirates films. Plus, I believe Dwayne Johnson said he wants to make sure the attraction is preserved and didn't want it altered with the movie. I think the recent updates are it.

I hope that's the case. Don't want a movie tie-in.

tanc

I hope not, POTC will never be able to be experienced in its original condition. The movies are nowhere near as popular anymore and obviously I doubt Disney will ever go back.

Jungle cruise is one of the best rides I think. I love the 40's music and the ride itself. So unique and such a timeless attraction.

GimpYancIent

I hope not, POTC will never be able to be experienced in its original condition. The movies are nowhere near as popular anymore and obviously I doubt Disney will ever go back.

Jungle cruise is one of the best rides I think. I love the 40's music and the ride itself. So unique and such a timeless attraction.
The key is Jungle Cruise was not a live action remake of a classic animation. The live action remakes are what soured the audiences. Jungle Cruise is a very enjoyable movie and so is the park attraction.

ToTBellHop

Nor do I wanna smell what he’s cooking…
1657222761276.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom