Jungle Cruise Engines

graphite1326

The black sooty smoke is pretty much non-existent on a modern diesel because they now have much better fueling systems. It only happens now if there is a problem with the engine... or the operator has decided it looks cool to belch smoke and has modified the engine to create the smoke.

Though even without the smoke you still have a distinct diesel smell from the exhaust. You used to always get a whiff of it when you were riding the parking lot trams years ago because the trams were diesel powered... thank god they switched to CNG.
yes but there never was that black sooty smoke on the boats.

thomas998

yes but there never was that black sooty smoke on the boats.
I would expect a diesel that was going to be transporting people at an amusement park to use wet exhaust, so unless the boat was just idling with the bypass open you wouldn't get any exhaust that hadn't been filtered in the water.

JoeCamel

As a side note I was reading the Operations Manual and saw one of the steps was “place ammunition box on each boat”. Now I remember when they used to “shoot” the rhinos.
Yeah about that..... turns out that blaming poachers for the death of lil' red's mama was misguided. An errant JC skipper's shot was found to be the base cause and they dropped the shooting thing from the safari.....

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom