Jungle Cruise... at night?

cw1982

Original Poster
It's been years since I've been to WDW, and I honestly don't remember much about the Jungle Cruise ride at MK. One thing that strikes me as interesting, though, is that my itinerary that I've been playing with on Touring Plans pretty much consistently doing certain things later in the evening, which makes perfect sense from a "minimal waiting in line" stance. One of the rides it does this with, though, is Jungle Cruise, where the earliest it has recommended us getting in standby line to ride is around 8:15 pm.

I honestly don't know how early it'll start getting dark at MK in June, but is Jungle Cruise even worth doing at night? Seems like there would be a lot that would be less visible in the dark.

cw1982

Original Poster
yes, it is best at night, IMO. we did it during the Electrical parade when there was virtually no line and we loved it.

Ooh... when you put it that way, it does sound right up my alley lol. Can you still see everything in the dark though? I guess it's well lit enough to not matter.

JiminyandTink

I also think Jungle Cruise is much, much better at night. The artificial fog seems much more mysterious at night and the tunnel portion is also better at night.

And the visibility is fine, if anything, the darkness just hides any visual intrusions and makes it better.

copcarguyp71

It's been years since I've been to WDW, and I honestly don't remember much about the Jungle Cruise ride at MK. One thing that strikes me as interesting, though, is that my itinerary that I've been playing with on Touring Plans pretty much consistently doing certain things later in the evening, which makes perfect sense from a "minimal waiting in line" stance. One of the rides it does this with, though, is Jungle Cruise, where the earliest it has recommended us getting in standby line to ride is around 8:15 pm.

I honestly don't know how early it'll start getting dark at MK in June, but is Jungle Cruise even worth doing at night? Seems like there would be a lot that would be less visible in the dark.

With all due respect and not trying to come off flippant...you keep asking about this ride and that ride in different threads but truthfully IMO a good portion of the fun should come from the joy of discovery.

If you want to know about info regarding resorts, transportation, FP+ or anything along those lines that is great but I really think you are taking away from yourself one of the great enjoyments of WDW which is exploration and discovery for yourself. Please do not take this as critical accusation but rather heartfelt advice from someone who is jealous of your opportunity to experience the parks with unjaded and fresh eyes. Enjoy the trip no matter what and take my advice as you will.

cw1982

Original Poster
With all due respect and not trying to come off flippant...you keep asking about this ride and that ride in different threads but truthfully IMO a good portion of the fun should come from the joy of discovery.

If you want to know about info regarding resorts, transportation, FP+ or anything along those lines that is great but I really think you are taking away from yourself one of the great enjoyments of WDW which is exploration and discovery for yourself. Please do not take this as critical accusation but rather heartfelt advice from someone who is jealous of your opportunity to experience the parks with unjaded and fresh eyes. Enjoy the trip no matter what and take my advice as you will.

Um, no... this is the first thread where I have asked about THIS ride. Thank you. I appreciate the advice, but my other post was about a ride at a completely different park. I could understand this criticism if I was posting something like this about every ride, but I've done this for two. Out of the entire plethora of rides over four parks. I've tried googling these things on my own first and haven't gotten what I've wanted to learn, so I asked here as a next step.

Also, on the other thread I was asking if the ride was worth it at all, given the time it takes to ride it; this one I was simply trying to get opinions about timing. Two different issues, IMO.

I do appreciate the intentions here, but just wanted to be sure we're clear on that point.

copcarguyp71

You honestly need thicker skin dearie...best of luck here.

This ride and that ride = Jungle Cruise and Universe of Energy. That is this and that and I did not say ANYTHING about it only being in one park so perhaps work on your reading comprehension. It was a sincere offer of advice but not to worry...I won't make that mistake again. Cheers.

cw1982

Original Poster
@copcarguyp71 I just reread your post and I realize now that I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying that I was asking about the same ride on multiple threads lol. I see now that I was wrong. I'm sorry!

Now your post makes much more sense to me lol.

I don't normally obsess like this. I just happen to be on spring break this week and focusing on this trip is giving me something happy to think about. I really do appreciate the concern and original spirit of your post... again, my mistake.

copcarguyp71

@copcarguyp71 I just reread your post and I realize now that I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying that I was asking about the same ride on multiple threads lol. I see now that I was wrong. I'm sorry!

Now your post makes much more sense to me lol.

I don't normally obsess like this. I just happen to be on spring break this week and focusing on this trip is giving me something happy to think about. I really do appreciate the concern and original spirit of your post... again, my mistake.

It's OK. Sometimes when you come under fire it is easy to get trigger happy and hit the caps lock prematurely. Glad you saw my intent. I envy your being able to go into the parks unjaded...I have been jaded and wish it had never happened! E N J O Y your trip;).

JohnD

Here's what you need to know about Jungle Cruise: It's not about what you see outside the boat. On the contrary: it's the experience of what the skipper relates to you of what's outside the boat as well as fellow passengers in on the jokes and in the right mood.

I hopped over to MK last Sunday night and had probably the most enjoyable experience I ever had on JC. The skipper told his jokes but with a certain flair. He would start a joke and the passengers would complete it. (Skipper: "We're now on the Nile and anyone who doesn't believe me..." Motions to passengers. Passengers: "Is in de-Nile!")

Nighttime on JC just works and is a must-experience. During the day you could end up with cranky parents and kids and the jokes fall flat. You just HAVE to do JC at night. Period.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom